Long-time Web Developer Wanting to Develop a Few Custom Templates

Hi,

I’ve been a web and full stack developer for more than 20 years and even developed themes and templates for competing products to Blocs. However, I’ve been away from “the game” for about 4-5 years exploring other opportunities in life.

I am now back at a place where I can spend the majority of my time doing web development and I would really love to go all in in developing a few templates for Blocs.

I will usually do all my development in something like Espresso app and then go back and forth with whatever app I am developing for in the early stages.

From what I gather, the structure of a Blocs template is as follows:

your-template-name.bloc
|-- assets/
| |-- css/
| | |-- style.css
| |
| |-- fonts/
| | |-- your-fonts.ttf
| |
| |-- images/
| | |-- your-image.jpg
| |
| |-- js/
| |-- script.js
|
|-- pages/
| |-- index.blocpage
| |-- about.blocpage
|
|-- partials/
|-- header.bloc
|-- footer.bloc
|-- nav.bloc

You would wrap these up in a folder with the extension of (either) .bex or .bloc??? Is that correct?

Here is my question boiled down, Is there a sample template somewhere (not pre-installed) that I can look at and comb over or does all 3rd party development need to be done within Blocs itself?

1 Like

Welcome.

No, templates have to be made in Blocs itself.

More info can be found here

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/create-a-page-template/

1 Like

Welcome @bbyrdhouse - great to see more developers using our platform.
Looking forward to what you do.

Welcome @bbyrdhouse, it’s great to hear that you are looking to develop templates for Blocs. We look forward to seeing your work!

1 Like

So are you saying that when someone makes a 3rd party template, they are building them inside of Blocs?

Yes. That’s what they are doing.

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes