Mail Client

Hallo, ich bin auf der Suche nach dem besten (empfehlenswertesten) Mail-Client für sämtliche (one for all) Apple-Devices (Mac, iPad, iPhone). Welchen kannst du mir empfehlen und warum??

Aktuell arbeite ich mit Thunderbird.

Was spricht gegen die Apple eigene App Mail? / What’s wrong with Apples Mail app?

@Grandpa

The factory email client is best.
I’ve tried a lot, but none of them are as good as the factory one, at least in my opinion.
If it is set up correctly, it is worth its weight in gold, and emailing with it is an experience.

1 Like

I used Apple Mail for 20 years and always liked it, then at some point last year a huge number of sent email refused to show, even though they appear when searched.

Not even a clean install of Ventura would fix this so I reluctantly switched to Airmail a few months ago. It does some things better and other things not so well, but I would switch back to Mail in a heartbeat if I could solve that ridiculous problem. There is no demo of Airmail. It’s an annual subscription, though no hugely expensive.

@Flashman

I used Airmail for a long time, but I think the factory one is better even if Airmail can do more, it’s not worth it, but that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

@Boss81 I am inclined to agree. Unfortunately I have this problem with Apple Mail that has forced me to use an alternative.

Totally agree. If used properly, Apple Mail is everything the user might need.

1 Like

@Eldar

When I started using Apple products, I didn’t like the factory email client, and then I tried a lot, actually tried it out.
But I had to realize that if the factory email is well configured, there is nothing better.

1 Like

Weiss nicht, warum ich mich gegen Apple Mail sträube, aber es scheint ja wohl doch eine sehr brauchbare App zu sein. Ich werde es testen. Danke für eure hilfreichen Beiträge. :grinning:

1 Like

I used to use Apple Mail, but it developed problems and I couldn’t find any fix for them. So I did some research and switched to PostBox.

I think that every Mail Client is a compromise, and it is a case of finding what suits you best.

I remember Claris Emailer and Eudora. I believe the code was written in Latin.

I’m using Apple mail on steroids with the Mailbutler plugin and it’s awesome! :innocent:

1 Like

Mailhub for filing in Mail was brilliant but sadly abandoned.

Mailbutler is seriously awesome. It sets me back $12.95 a month but well spend for something I use for several hours each day.

Hallo Jerry, scheint ein tolles plugin zu sein, ist mir persönlich jedoch zu teuer.

Hey Jerry,
I just installed the Mailbutler plugin; looks very very interesting!! I will probably save me a lot of time!! Thanks!!

For those who may be interested Outlook is now available for free on Mac.

I managed to sort out my issue with missing messages in Mail, so I am back to that and no longer using Airmail. Outlook may well be a good option though for many.

2 Likes

I downloaded it and it looks pretty promising.
Creating an account is easy but unfortunately you can’t import from applemail.
Also I’m struggling to implement SpamSieve.

If your accounts were IMAP it should all synch up with the server, however you would need to create the accounts again, as you would with any email client. Personally, I shall stick with Apple Mail.

I know SpamSieve well, having been a beta tester for over 20 years now! I think it must be the longest lived 3rd party app on my computer.

1 Like