Minor Update: Offcanvas Helper v2.0.1

Offcanvas Helper 2, minor update.

What's New

As requested, an option that will close the Offcanvas when a modal is opened from within the Offcanvas. (Thank you Michael for the suggestion) I also built in some accessibility to make the modal link more fancy :smile:

Update in-app

Example

Please Note

In Bootstrap, Offcanvas and Modals share the same code, so this was a little complex to solve without throwing errors in the console, as you can only have 1 instance at a time (But solved I did :sunglasses:). With that in mind, you may experience a slight flicker between Offcanvas and Modal, as the backdrop is removed and re-added as handled by Bootstrap.

9 Likes

Thank you, Pete! It works great!

1 Like

Hi Pete,
it seems not to work with icons or pictures.
When you click on an icon or picture within the offcanvas, It opens the modal but doesn’t close the offcanvas.
Works fine with only text.

1 Like

Edit:
Not always. Weird.

Thanks @Bootsie

I found the issue and its fixed. I will push an update later today. v 2.0.2 has been released for update.

Nice find.

Pete

4 Likes

Yep.
All good now.

2 Likes

Excellent. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi @PeteSharp

Trying to style the Menu but when I preview it seems to get overwritten, it only happens when I apply the .offcanvas-menu-toggle class to the menu link to activate the menu. I must be missing something but cant figure it out and didn’t think it was worthy of a new thread :grinning:

In Blocs:
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 12.48.31

In Preview (Blocs and Browser)
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 12.48.23

EDIT: Yep, my fault. I used a paragraph with an icon for the menu, rather than using a button and adding the icon. Working perfect now! :grin:

1 Like

Hi @Brocky120

You probably still could, by unticking the create button tag in the accessibility section of options. I usually don’t recommend it though, as a button tag is the ideal method for opening an offcanvas. But the option is there if needed / required, so that’s what will affect the styling you had.

Up to you though. Offcanvas Helper is very flexible. :grin:

1 Like