Mixing scroll to target menu with normal menu

Hi,

is there a way of mixing a scroll to target menu on one page and adding other pages on the menu that are not on that page?

thanks

Pete

Hello @Pete,

Yes, you can do that. Just select the menu, chagne the source to ‘None’, and from there just click on each menu item and edit the Interactions in the sidebar.

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Hi Eldar,

thanks, will give it a try.

Cheers

Pete

If my memory serves me well @Eldar didn’t you make a tutorial about this?

Here is the video:

1 Like

Hi @KBConcepts

Yeah, I did something like this before in Blocs 2 videos. It’s the same in Blocs 3, but I rerecorded the video again above.

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Hi Elgar,

thank you so much. brilliant video, really clear. I’ve managed to get the menu scrolling down to a certain bloc on the page when you click on the menu and go to each individual page as you did in the video.

however, all the scroll to bloc sections are on the home page and I have another five separate pages. in preview mode when I am on a different page to the home page and I click on one of the menu items blocs on the home page nothing happens. it doesn’t jump back to the home page bloc it just stays on the page it is on.

is there a way so the home page items will take you back to the home page blocs on any page you are on?

i hope that makes sense.

thank for your help, much appreciated.

Pete

Hello again,

To do what you need, instead of selecting the ‘Scroll to target’ type of interaction, select the ‘Navigation to URL’ and set the URL to

./nameofthepage.html#blocid

Of course, replace the nameofthepage with the actual name of your page, and blocid with an actual bloc ID.

If you have a bloc on a homepage, set it to ./index.html#blocid

Cheers,
Eldar

Hi Elgar,

thanks will try this out. happy new year by the way. i hope you have a great 2019!

cheers

Peter

Thank you, Peter!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Cheers,
Eldar

Hi Elgar,

thanks, do all the navigations have to be set to navigate to url on the menu. or can some be set to navigate to page?

thanks Pete

Yes, you can just navigate to the menu for regular links. Only to scroll to some #, you need to navigate to URL.

Hi Elgar,

i’ve got most of it working but the navigate to url with the bloc id’s don’t go to the exact point on the bloc when clicked from the menu. on some of the blocs they are way off, especially on the mobile menu. Do you know why they might be doing this?

thanks

Pete

Hi Peter,

When you scroll to target, it goes to the beginning of the bloc. So if you have a large amount of padding, it will appear that it is not going exactly where it should go.

It would be helpful if you post a screenshot here, maybe there is some other issue.

Cheers,
Eldar

Hi Elgar,

so your saying smaller padding is better for it to work better?

thanks Pete

Hi Elgar, Its happening mainly from the mobile menu. I’ve reduced the padding down but still not hitting the top of each bloc. Especially when I go from a different page. I can send you a link so you can log in and take a look via DM if that would be OK.

thanks

Pete

Hi Peter,

Sure, send me the link, so I can take a look to understand what you mean.

Cheers,
Eldar