Movie player scrubbing

Are there any other options for video playback? I want the user to be able to grab the slider and play the movie forwards or bacwards by sliding the scrubber. This works fine on an iPad/iPhone (not sure about Android) but not so hot on a laptop.

Thanks!

It seems you are embedding/self-hosting a video in your Blocs website, which is causing the standard video player to be used. The only reasonably good options that I can see are:

1. Host on YouTube, which means you get the YouTube player, which means you merely mouseover the slider as the video plays to see thumbnails which in turn tell you exactly where you are in the video as per the location of the arrow pointer.
  2. Add a custom video player like video.js for your self-hosted video files. (I cannot offer support on that though because I prefer to use YouTube videos in all my websites.)

I’ve had similar issues with desktops and laptops (mobile devices work just fine). After a little trial and error I discovered that the inability to drag the scrub bar was due to conflicts with some brics inserted on the same page. I suggest you try creating a blank page and adding your video. Check it in a browser to make sure the controls are working. If all is ok, you can be certain that it’s something on the original page that is conflicting with the player.