Multiple coders for a blocs project

Hi,
I’m wondering if it is possible to build a blocs project with two developers ? On two different computers of course ?
If not, is that an option you are working on ?

Thx

Franswa

Yes and no.

Blocs doesn’t have collaboration if that’s what you mean. But technically you could share a project between locations via the cloud. You wouldn’t be working on it at the same time of course.

Yes, collaboration is what I mean. I understand that sharing a project with a cloud based storage is possible, but border line I guess.

Is there a plan for collaboration ? I believe that prevents from working in any team environment…
Cheers,

Franswa

Not that I am aware of, though this would only be an issue with static sites for the most part. If you were creating a WordPress theme in Blocs it could then be worked on by a team.

If you were working on a static project it would be possible for two or more people to concentrate on separate pages and save them as templates, which could then be imported into the final project. In practice it would be a bit fiddly though.

Very fiddly. Imagine the excessive css and design difference.

Only @Norm could comment on that. I could only imagine that would be a massive undertaking.

Welcome to the forum @Francois

You could theoretically have 2 or 2000 developers creating aspects of a project by creating Custom Blocs or Page Templates individually. * If all users involved tightly base their efforts upon and adhered to strict brand guidelines / style guides / code bases (good luck :–). Once developed these individually created aspects can be loaded as Custom Blocs Or Page Templates into a singular Blocs project for assembly, arrangement, cleanup and further refinement. Certainly not perfect but Blocs offers possible aspects if you get creative with its current features and really need to get collaborative.

Think of it this way from a perspective standpoint, the juggernaut Webflow does not have realtime collaboration (more than one person at once) for their Designer. So for a solo developer like Blocs the realization of such a collaborative feature would be monumental. Maybe doable if Webflow decided to share some of the $140 million they raised in investment funding at the start of this year with Norm. :grin:

If Blocs ever wanted to add a collaborative feature Studio.design has an interesting on page visual approach for multiple users. But the development and failsafes needed for it to be viable would not be for the faint at heart regarding rewriting Blocs as an afterthought. In the end given the fact how many SAAS and desktop apps choose not to focus on this feature aspect - you have to ask then is it worth the effort to do so.

@Norm - What would be nice is a joining, appending or amalgamation feature. For example, if 2 people in the same office work on different sections of a site, it could then be joined together to create a 3rd file and the navigation touched up to be fully functional as a whole.