Multiple Site Management

I appreciate all of the help and brainstorming.
Perhaps instead of loading a site, maybe I should just create a a “Lite” page, then use a Cadence pop up for instance, to announce to my visitors that the “Lite” page is currently active, with a link to take you there.
This way I am only changing and loading a single page, the rest of the site remains intact.

What do you folks think of that idea?

Rich the Weather Guy

How about using iframes?

Isn’t that like hanging up a sign for burglars to pay your home a visit while you’re away? :joy:

1 Like

Hi Bogey:

Can you say more about iFrames?

Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

I don’t think there’s a bric/bloc for it (I’m just getting started with Blocs) so I suspect it requires some coding in HTML by using the Code Widget.

<iframe> includes another site in a frame … (I think you’d just use code bric.)

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe

Concerning iframes I’d suggest avoiding them. This really lists the reasons why:

Also take into account you can’t set X-Frame-Options to the iframe itself. You’re left at the mercy of the server/page loaded through the iframe for that, which might cause issues too.

1 Like

Thank you Brecht! :smiley:

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

Quite an old article you’re quoting there Brecht. Still true, though points mentioned have less of an impact then back in 2014. I never said it an iframe was optimal, but quite one of the cheaper and simpler solutions.

X-Frame-Options must indeed be set, but that’s easily done with a line added to .htaccess Header append X-Frame-Options: "SAMEORIGIN"

If it’s the images that are the bulk of the workload, perhaps a tool like Robolly is an idea? Then you’d have a link to this service that then generates the images based on your input, what can be via a CSV file. (On stacksocial there’s a LTD for it).

An interesting thought Bogey, but the images I use don’t repeat.

Rich the Weather Guy