New Blocs Website for couple counseling

Dear all,

I’ve built a little one-pager with blocs for a couple counseling team:

https://goldfarb-goldfarb.com

It was fun with Blocs 5.0.8., your feedback is greatly appreciated. It’s still workin in progress.

Some questions I encountered with this site:

• Cookie Consent bric by Cazoobi didn’t work. It worked when previewing the site in a browser, but not in the uploaded version. I used an external solution suggested by another forum member, just in case. As there’s no Google analytics or fonts and no external sites, there should be no cookies, right?

• It’s not yet optimised for mobile devices. I did notice, however, that the padding of the Blocs were all over the place. A Bloc would have a large padding or no padding at all in different breakpoints. Is this normal? Is it necessary to assign the Blocs’ padding one by one for each breakpoint?

• The “toggle visibility” in the links with a + (like + Kommunikationsprobleme) change spacing once they were activated. The distance to the next link is greater once it has been clicked. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks for your input!

Best

simpletext

2 Likes

I find this annoying too. You have to start at the small breakpoint and the padding is cascaded upwards. If you start at the large one you have to change them all manually.

That’s because Bootstrap is a mobile first framework, that’s how it works.

2 Likes

The site is nice and clean, but it’s much better to get into practice when building each element to make it work across each break point as you build. Nothing worse than visiting blocs/sections again and again.

I find too once I have a Bloc created really nice on all breakpoints that it can be used across pages/blocs and workflow is much quicker.

Don’t forget classes across breakpoints too - like those circle images, add a class to each image and size across breakpoints in the class.

As @PeteSharp has said Bootstrap is a mobile first framework.

Good luck and please post your results back here! Enjoy.

Well, that might be the case, but it opens new projects in Large.

You design for every breakpoint.

Mobile first is referring to the way the css styles work.

If you add a style to the smallest breakpoint it advances up to the larger breakpoints until it’s over-ridden by another style.
If you add a style to the large breakpoint it also apples to thing smaller than it unless you set a different style at a smaller breakpoint :crazy_face:

Really depends on how the min/max media queries are handled.

Sounds about right. I’m still processing my morning coffee :coffee:

Might want to add that within Blocs that works with the settings in the side panel, but not with custom classes. It’s the other way round with those :wink: Quite a bit confusing when you’re starting out.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think it initially has media queries. To be fair, I’m not sure I think about it :thinking: just used to it. I can see that it’s confusing if you’re not use to CSS.

Nice design with modern and clean. Just you need to adjust the space between the elements in the breakpoint.

In addition, see if you can resize an entire image to a single size.

Good luck :clap:t2: