New Bric ---- Any Video

Any Video

By Blocs Builder

Any video is a Poster Bric that plays video from Youtube, Vimeo or a customised URL in an easy to style popup modal.

https://blocsbuilder.com/any-video/

Piles of great options to explore. Check out the video. Ask any questions you may have. Special thanks to @Flashman, @Jerry and @AdieJAM who been kindly testing for us. I am sure @AdieJAM is happy to share his experience using Any Video.

Did someone ask for options?

We baked in a few.

Straight to the video?

15 Likes

If you have Any Video(s) on your site this Bric is a ‘Must Have’. Thanks for creating @PeteSharp this a super handy tool!

2 Likes

You must have had your coffee already this morning. :wink:

hehe.

1 Like

Nope. I need to implement Any Video on one of my sites first. I’m so excited to use it!

EDIT: Anyone who wants to see the use of Any Video in the ‘wild’ can do so here:

4 Likes

Thanks @PeteSharp, I was so looking forward to this release. Any Video is Brilliant! You work is such as asset to Blocs.
Question regarding loading lots of video on one page. How does Any Video handle the pre-loading or nor per-loading?

I’m sure you asked this in the other thread :wink:

The only load initially is the poster image. So thats up to you how well optimised that is. The videos load on demand. eg. The modal is dynamically created on click and the video is streamed.

2 Likes

Excellent bric thank you. Quick question, where do I get the ID from for videos I’m using?

1 Like

You’ll find the ID in the URL link or when clicking on share:

3 Likes

Thanks @Jerry and great question @Recce43

1 Like

This is an excellent bric and I think Blocs users will find it opens the doors to some really creative video presentations on their websites. @PeteSharp really went the extra mile making this useful and it took a lot of work.

4 Likes

I agree with what everyone has said and this is something I have been wanting for a long long time. I felt honoured to have been asked to test this for @PeteSharp so thank you for that.

I use a LOT of videos on my websites for my live streaming events from the live event itself and then creating a grid of images which open in modals for their viewing after and this was a pain at times and now Any Video has made things not just easier but giving me so many more options to create something much more appealing to the eye, smoother and modern.

I have a few projects I am working on now where this will be used!!!

Thanks @PeteSharp - brilliant work!

ps, LOVE the new look website too ! very very classy.

1 Like

@PeteSharp :heart_eyes: Wow, this looks pretty awesome. Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Wow man, this looks absolutely amazing!!! What a fantastic piece of work!!!

Congratulations @PeteSharp

Very impressive bric! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Would you have expected anything else with two “Mauritians” on there :laughing: :grin:

Mo koko mari zoli-zoli sa. :star_struck:

2 Likes

awesome, thank you, i looked all over, never occurred to me to check out the URL

Quickly put together! Needs some finishing touches. But like the last one held together with sticky tape. They say a builders house is falling down and a sparky’s house has loose wires. I think web devs spend very little time on their own sites in general.

3 Likes

Pete:

Non-web pro question:
I have a video from my phone.
I move it to my Blocs page and drop in in the “well” in the video Bric (Standard Bric) to play on my site.
How do I do that with your Bric?
Do I have to host it on Vimeo or youtube to use the Bric?

Thanks, and it looks great!

Rich the Weatherguy.

1 Like

Hey @WeatherguyNH at present there is no Video Well in the API. Norm seemed to keen to add this. I am hoping this makes it happen and we can add it in with an update.

But for now it’s not an option sorry.

You can put the video in a seperste map on your server and use the URL option…

2 Likes