New Bric: Cadence (Modal Automation)

Are there any plans for a bundle of “Cadence” and “Modal Designer”??

Hello @Whittfield

Although it is sometimes I bought Cadence, I make my first try now :grinning:
Unfortunately I can’t make it work.

I tried with a Blocs modal, with a Modal Designer modal and none display at page load (chosen in Cadence parameters).

Note that I have another Blocs modal on a menu link and it works.

Dev website is here.

I do see Cadence and modals in source code but nothing happens. As I’m not a Javascript expert, I can’t target the mistake.

Any idea please ?

1 Like

Yeah - I tried it a few weeks ago & struggled, if you could one of your amazing videos @Whittfield showing it being applied that would be great.

I am also an owner of this Bric, and can’t make it work?

Rich the Weather Guy

The below image might help you understand better. The modal pops up on the second visit and resets itself after 6 visits.

EDIT:
Are you sure you have Cadence installed? It’s not showing up:

Guys remember Cadence is Bootstrap 5 only. There is no support for Bootstrap 4. :wink:

1 Like

Do you think Blocs is ready to start defaulting sites to Boostrap 5?

1 Like

I don’t see Cadence in your source? Also make sure it’s a Bootstrap 5 project. Backup everything before you upgrade the project.

Some of us believe so already. I haven’t built a new site with BS4 in quite a while and slowly transitioned existing sites to BS5 as opportunities arose. The only exception has been a single site with some custom code where the move would break things without rebuilding that code. I decided it was easier to leave it on BS4.

I agree, you can still create projects for Boostrap 4, but feels like it’s time to default to BS5.

3 Likes

This!!!. I have asked. Norm said he had planned that for the next major release.

I get the same support questions for Any Video and it’s always they have their project as BS4.

IMO Blocs 4 should have defaulted to BS5 :smile:

1 Like

I’ve tried cadence in BS5 and can’t seem to get it to work - I was hoping for a small video showing it.

I’ll have a try again soon.

I’m with you Adie…no luck here either.

Rich the Weather Guy

1 Like

Yes my project is Bootstrap 5, upgraded since a few month.
And yes, Cadence is in and set to Page Load.
To make sure you believe me, 2 screenshots.
Thanks.

which page is that. Is it published to the dev site?

Cadence should be placed in a global area:

Jerry:

Does that mean it has to go into the Blue areas, top or bottom?

Rich the Weather Guy

I’m not english mother tongue but as far as I understand, “typically placed” does not mean compulsory. Anyway I moved it on the bottom global area but no change. Nothing happens at page load.

Cadence is present in the source code as you can see ont the screenshot. But I cannot see a linked js if it should be there (there is js files for Tab Anything and Modal Designer, the two other brics I’m using in this website). @Whittfield ?

Can you scroll down to see if the cadence.js file is loading?

No, no link to cadence.js nor the file itself.

Anyway I tried on a new website and it works as expected. Then I copy the cadence.js file and manually added the link in the index file of my site and it worked. Of course I won’t do this anytime I make a change in the site.

So finally, I tried the “Reset custom bric - all” and guess what ? Now, cadence.js and the link script is generated at export and the modal shows up at page load !

So this case is solved but I would strongly suggest custom brics developers to investigate why we should reset a bric to make it work. Is it due to the bric itself or Blocs ?

It is not the first problem I have using brics and I shall say that I spend almost as much time debugging than developing.

The other big issue I have on this website is that including jQuery (required for Tab Anything Pro to work) is keeping on turning on and off, even between relaunch and restart. I mention this to @Norm but have not yet had a return on that.

1 Like