New Bric - Card Designer

Yes I login without problem and I can see the bundle I bought, downloaded again but there is no updates in it

Thanks!

ahhhh the Bundle :upside_down_face:

Iā€™ll update it right away, sorry about that!

All set now, Iā€™ve also updated Tab Anything to 1.5 and thatā€™s not even announced yet!

Well I guess it is now!

Thanks, Iā€™m wondering how or if Tab Anything will have any effect on current project with Tabs?

Casey

I recommend duplicate a page and test it there if you have concerns. I donā€™t expect a change in most current projects, but itā€™s impossible to tell for everyone.

Ok, so if I backup, update and itā€™s affects my current projects is there a way to go back? Just asking because you know I have a large blog that uses the current version and it would be very time-consuming to go back and have to redo all the pages. (about 40 with 4 tabs per page) Just trying to be cautious.

Thanks
Casey

I would NOT update then for now. I think there could be a change.

You could have to make some adjustments since I added hover colors.

Itā€™s inevitable that there will be some updates not worth jumping to right away. Thatā€™s true across the board with software. and thereā€™s no way for me to push the tool as much as I do without some of those moments. Iā€™m not willing to stop pushing the tools, and I make every attempt to not impact projects in the way that requires resetting.

But I think thereā€™s a lot of this thatā€™s Bloc itself will need to help with. And those discussions are underway.

1 Like

I want to get Normā€™s attention on this but it helps to have the idea refined a bit. right now this is what we have from my perspective. I hesitate to tell you to trust it because letā€™s face it, stuff could happen. Iā€™m sure itā€™s not as tested as other features in Blocs, so warnings are fair.

From what I can tell, you can decline the update for a particular project by selecting cancel when it asks if you want to update. Blocs will serve up the old files and business as usual. This isnā€™t documented anywhere that I know, but thatā€™s what I have observed lately. We could really use some confirmations on this!

Then, on new project you can use the updated version. Thatā€™s how it seems to be working in my test.

For me this is pretty decent. Itā€™s not everything I want but if itā€™s reliable Iā€™ll take it for now until the other ideas I have pitched are a reality.

Yeah, you bring up some good points @Whittfield , I am preparing an update that will need a reset, as HTML and Javascript has significant changes. Although not as complex as Tab Anything could be throughout someones site, a user will still have to re setup this bric from scratch.

Thatā€™s one of the problems I see with these updates. I know everyone is different but it can be a big problem if a user has used these on multiple websites. Some of these updates might be necessary but others may just be an update with more features. It seems to be a gray area for sure that hopefully gets some clarification. I actually like it when an update is a standalone version that can be installed next to the previous version.

Thanks for trying to help sort this out.
Casey

The pain I have gone through to lessen the impact includes holding features back for months sometimes to roll it in with other updates and get the timing just right. a lot of pre-planning and slow rolling out to be satisfied about a certain markup. I still havenā€™t announced Card Designer 1.4.9!

Now to @casey1823 's point about every version being independent. If you have an older version the only way to get support is to upgrade. Thatā€™s the same for both versions so really the problem doesnā€™t get solved. Itā€™s the same as declining the update.

Get what Iā€™m saying? I donā€™t have a big history of bugs, but if you find one it wonā€™t be getting patched on some obscure version from last spring. LOL. Iā€™m trying to have fun with it ā€¦ :smile:

How about if when the page opened and asked if you want to update the bric you can make a more permanent selection. well not really permanent, but it would take going into the menu in Blocs after the fact and selecting an option to update specific brics that project is using.

So itā€™s not asking you every time you open that project. it just uses the old bric like it does now when you select cancel.

This seems very doable and very useful.

The next phaseā€¦

• Reset Bric js only and leave HTML (the includes folder js as well)
  • Reset Bric js and HTML (already exist)

And finallyā€¦

bric settings to a plist file. each field value saved. include a few options like reload last used settings, and of course saves all field settings just before the bric is ā€œresetsā€. and can optionally reapply them after the resets completes.

2 Likes

I like your thinking :wink: This would be very cool. And probably easy to add support for this in existing brics.

2 Likes

Hi Wittfield, I cant get the hover Mode ā€œdisable on smallā€ work as expected, can you take a look to this issue? or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi @armando, Iā€™ll have a look. I honestly canā€™t remember if it was column width based or device based but Iā€™ll check and let you know.

p.s. it wonā€™t be until this evening most likely that I can reply properly.

Hello again Whittfield:

I am using Tabs Anything all over the place. Great Bric.
Any issue using Tab Anything with your Card Designer Bric?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Rich

Thanks! I have used Card Designer in a Tab with no issues from my testing.

Hi Whittfield, can you look at this issue?

I just bought Card Designer and it is a super good Bric, only I miss the possibility to add social icons link instead of a button. Would be a good addition in my opinion. Then you can also use the Card Designer for team members with social links. Donā€™t take me wrong, itā€™s a very good Bric!

1 Like

Card Designer is a great Bric! Purchased about a month ago and you can do a lot with it. My only request is that there would be an option to play with the text more. Iā€™d love for it to have an option to adjust Caption Description and Height Size for the card.

1 Like