NEW BRIC: Flexy Foot 2

This only happens in Blocs preview and Safari.
All other browsers seem to be fine.

1 Like

Good to know thanks.

1 Like

Correction: no they’re not.
Just tried again and it’s the same as in Safari.

1 Like

Hi @Bootsie

I took a quick look, and it seems like you missed adding a background colour on the bloc below the bloc with the parallax. Add that and it works great based on your test project above. :grin:

Pete

Even if you place the parallax just above the footer there should be no conflict, that’s why the z-index option starts at -2 and not -1. Change it to -1 and you will see why :smile:

To make it more clear I’ve changed the file and put more blocs with background picture in.
Test Flexy_2.bloc (2.1 MB)
Please try again.

1 Like

Something weird is happing with stacked paralax like that. Even if I remove Flexy it still has an odd behaviour, but I will look deeper into it and see if there is a conflict in the CSS somewhere.

1 Like

The weird thing is, it only happens in Blocs preview and Safari - I think.

That’s not a big surprise sometimes with Safari :rofl: Still my goto browser though

1 Like

Yeah edge is displaying nice. I am leaning towards this being an issue with Parallax. Because odd behaviour exists without flexy for me. Although Flexy seems to make it worse.

This is a bit of an extreme example with parallax on every bloc though.

Nothing to do with Flexy Foot 2 (although I have been using V1 on sites), but I’ve been having a few problems with parallax for a good few months, so avoid making the bgs parallax now. It also seems to bring in a strange gap under the nav bar.

2 Likes

Which is a shame because I love it.

@Bootsie i think if you mix it up a bit it will be fine. Eg make the middle one static. Less is more usually.

1 Like

You probably right.
All my projects have this parallax, but I will change it to the suggested.
I always ignored that strange behavior because it only occurs with Safari.
Anyway - I want to use Flexy Foot so I change my projects.
Thank you all for your help.

1 Like

All good. Yeah I love the reveal footer as well.

Works like a charm Pete. Thanks for making this a true Bric. So easy.

1 Like

Thank you @pkeenan