New Bric - Linkify is Here! 🎉

:rocket: Revolutionize Your Web Design with Linkify :star2:

:earth_africa: Prioritizing Performance and Streamlining for Speed:
When using standard icon sets in Blocs, the entire library is exported, regardless of whether you use one icon or many. This often results in a significant, unwanted drag on your page speed. With Linkify, this issue becomes a thing of the past. Now, you can add only the icons you need directly into your project, effectively streamlining your site’s performance. This targeted approach not only boosts your website’s GTMetrix and Lighthouse scores but also enhances user engagement and SEO ranking. Embrace Linkify, and reclaim your status as a master of web speed! :technologist:t3:

:trophy: Transform SVG Icons Effortlessly into buttons or links with Linkify:
Turn any SVG icon into a dynamic link or button with unprecedented ease. Prior to Linkify, achieving this required extensive manual coding – a task that was nearly impossible for many.

Linkify eliminates this complexity, offering a streamlined, code-free solution for web developers eager to enhance their site’s performance and user interaction.

:bulb: Discover the Difference:
Buttons and links are not just functional elements; they’re essential to user experience. Linkify recognizes their distinct roles, providing specialized capabilities for each. This ensures that your interactive elements not only look great but perform exceptionally, whether as a call-to-action button or a navigational link.

:art: Customize with Ease:
Enter a realm of boundless customization. With Linkify, adjusting the size, viewbox, and color of your SVG icons is a breeze. Our intuitive interface empowers you to make these modifications directly, ensuring seamless integration with your website’s design.

:link: Versatile Linking, Unmatched Smoothness:
Expand your creative horizons with Linkify. Utilize our ‘Scroll to Target’ feature, powered by KreativeSmooth, for the smoothest user scrolling experience you have ever seen.

:wheelchair: Enhancing Universal Access
Linkify goes beyond aesthetics, focusing on inclusivity and functionality. Enhance your website’s accessibility with aria labels and choose from new tab openings or no-follow options for optimal user navigation.

:sparkles: Linkify: Where Speed Meets Style.

Linkify, is available now in our Gumroad store! Reclaim your mastery of speed and efficiency in web design.

V1.0.5 Update:
Linkify has been updated to V1.0.5 with various bug fixes, UI improvements and an option to remove the default on-click button border has been added. Your update will appear in the extension updater or you can download it from your Gumroad library.

9 Likes

Jerry my man, you’re on a roll! Congrats, looks great!

1 Like

Hi Jerry:
Excuse my ignorance here.
Is this bric only used when using SVG graphics?

Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

Yes, You will need to add the SVG code. You can’t add (SVG) Images as that’s not the purpose of it.
The Bric is designed to make your website lighter and reduce loading speed and to be able to change icons into buttons and links.
I created some supercool buttons with it. It’s just an SVG Icon with a fancy animation.

Small Potato Ltd2024-01-04 at 17.24.18

2 Likes

They are cool, but I don’t use any SVG in my site.
I do like those buttons? How did you create them?
I need weather themed buttons. :thinking:

Rich the Weather Guy

It’s never to late to start with SVGs on your site :wink:

1 Like

Brilliant! You have some mad skills. I hope the Blocs community appreciates your kindness in offering your Brics at such a low cost. :slight_smile:

Weather Icons are here:

I only use SVG icons and that’s why I created this Bric. :grin:

1 Like

I haven’t seen your name showing up on my Gumroad account yet. :sunglasses:

Done. I didn’t see any documentation or videos https://smallpotatoltd.gumroad.com. Are you working on either of those?

Well this is interesting. SVGs look better I guess…no idea how to use them? Something new I need to look into I guess.

Thanks

Rich the Weather Guy

Very nice idea @Jerry! Nicely done!

1 Like

Documentation is inside the file when downloaded from Gumroad. The docs are clear and easy to understand and will improve over time with bug fixes and Bric upgrades. A first upgrade will be pushed later today with an option to reset the SVG icon and improved clarifications regarding the usage of viewbox.

2 Likes

You will need a manual just to explain view box :crazy_face:

Once I get back in the office, looking forward to testing this out.

A couple of weeks with no mac has had me brain storming all sorts of things I want to do :grin: this bric will add to the experimentation :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The best ‘manual’ is don’t touch when you don’t know :rofl:. Viebox can be tricky but is very useful.

There’s some interesting and ‘easy bite’ reading about viewbox here:

1 Like

I guess I should pay more attention to the details.

1 Like

Wow, this is really great @Jerry
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @Praisly ! :pray:

1 Like