New Bric: Scroll FX Extras

Using the latest final builds of each.
Thank you!

The bric also doesn’t seem to work when used in a global area. But I see it adds project files to the page instead of the whole project? Will that make a difference?

I will check for this tonight, it’s the first I’ve heard of it.

1 Like

Is there a video showing how to use this? I see two demo videos, but not finding anything else.

I’ve read through this thread, thought it made sense, but I’ve tried and tried and cannot seem to get any of the effects to work at all.

(working from latest point release of Blocs).

1 Like

Hi @Twisk,
If you can direct message me your site as a blocs template I’ll take a look.

Hi.
Can the control be set one element at a time?
I read “page or entire site” can be set together but I may need different settings on each element, and some elements may have no effects.
I sure I could but just check.
Has anyone used this on their sites I could see?
Thanks, Andy

You add whatever class you want to the in Scroll FX and add that same class to all elements that you want to be affected.

For a demo look at my page https://blochead.dev there’s a section midway down that has a bunch of UI controls. being animated as you scroll. These are all using Scroll FX to get the animations to start earlier than they would have otherwise using the Blocs animation.

1 Like

I’ve been eyeing up this Bric @Whittfield looks good.

OK.
@Whittfield
I’m probably missing the obvious but there’s little/no info on how to implement this bric!!!
I’ve given a card an ID, added the FX bric into the footer, used the card ID in the ‘selector’ in 'Target 1" and … Nothing.
Please give a guide, some implementation info, or anything to use this as it looks good if only I knew what on earth to do.

Sounds like you are doing things correctly, but let’s check one thing.

When using ID’s and classes you must include the selector “#” or “.”

If that is not the issue, would you be able to send me a file to look at?

ARRGGGH.
I’m sending the file. Thanks,
Andy.

Posting here as it may be helpful for others. I’ll also add this to a readme file in SFX soon.

Quick Start

1. Add a css class to any element(s) you want to animate. (class name can be anything)
  2. Add the SFX bric anywhere on the page.
  3. In SFX settings place that class name (include selector symbol “.”) in the “selector” field.
  4. Preview the page in browser and the animations are triggered based on your settings.

*Also works with ID’s and tags

Tips:

• Blocs native animation and SFX should not be applied to the same element. This can yield unpredictable results and is not supported.

• I recommend using classes instead of ID’s if you want to apply the same animation to multiple elements. Blocs correctly enforces the rule of using an ID only once per page.

• you don’t need to do anything with class manager at all.

1 Like

Thanks for this; all seems ok now.
Awesome.

I have used the correct selectors, and im not seeing any changes. Is there a video of a step by step to make this work? That i can look at?

Posting here as it may be helpful for others. I’ll also add this to a readme file in SFX soon.

Quick Start

1. Add a css class to any element(s) you want to animate. (class name can be anything)
  2. Add the SFX bric anywhere on the page.
  3. In SFX settings place that class name (include selector symbol “.”) in the “selector” field.
  4. Preview the page in browser and the animations are triggered based on your settings.
  • Also works with ID’s and tags

Tips:

• Blocs native animation and SFX should not be applied to the same element. This can yield unpredictable results and is not supported.
  • I recommend using classes instead of ID’s if you want to apply the same animation to multiple elements. Blocs correctly enforces the rule of using an ID only once per page.
  • you don’t need to do anything with class manager at all.

_

1 Like

@Whittfield Is there another way I can purchase this brick? Im from argentina and I dont know why but my card is not working with gumroad. Its an int. card and I have already purchased some other bricks like swiper.

Hello @Whittfield I send you an email too saying that gumroad don’t allow to use my credit from PayPal. Please advise how we can do it…

Hi @chicuelo and @Pealco,

1. Thanks for the heads up.
  2. Are you using the embedded form on my site?
  3. I’m reaching out to Gumroad for information.

I’ll reach out as soon as I can with more info.

Hello @Whittfield :slight_smile:
I was wondering if there are any new developments for Scroll FX Extra?

@chicuelo and @Pealco,

Please try using incognito or private browsing. I found this in Gumroad docs and would like to rule it out as the cause.

Our Risk System Is Blocking the Purchase

Our risk detectors may have accidentally blocked you from purchasing. Please use “incognito” or “private” mode on your browser, and try the purchase using a different email address.