New Bric - Smart Nav

A great extension that I just bought and that will allow me to improve my website. Just a question how can I change the transparency level of the navigation bar (10% or 20% or 30%…) when I check “Transparent Bg”?

Thanks Pat. If you want the bar to have transparency, set the color of the bar to have transparency.

The transparency setting you are referring to is for automatically getting rid of the background altogether when navigation is sitting over the hero section. It’s an optional effect that’s pretty nice to have in some situations.

Hello
Thank you for this information. SmartNav is a great extension which will allow me to improve my existing site in a “cleaner” way.
Another small question.
Is it possible to switch from a transparent navbar to an opaque bar after scrolling?
Like for example on my current website: www.lemoulinduboisset.com
Thanks

1 Like

Hi there I just began work on your Smart Nav, one question… The logo image is fixed at 80 x 16… I am not able to make the img larger. Please advise thanks

Hello
I have a problem with smartnav. When I scroll down for the first time the bar behaves the way I want it to (shrinking). But as soon as I reach the bottom of the page, the bar resumes its initial size until I scroll back up to the top of the page. Then it shrinks again. Is this a bug or a bad setting?
Here is a short video showing the problem.
Thanks for your help.
Test smartnav.mov.zip (3.7 MB)

@Whittfield any idea ? Thanks

Hi there I had the same issue with the shrinking logo again so I removed it. waiting for reply thx

1 Like

Hi @Pat and @CGnyc,

I’ve just now taken a look and I assume you are both testing in Safari.

The issue is the “bounce” effect that this browser adds is basically ruining the effect by triggering again on what they call ‘overscroll’.

I’m working on a fix this weekend, among other improvements I’ve already completed. Thanks for your patience!

4 Likes

Hello
For information, it does the same thing in preview mode in Blocs 4.

Thank you very much

Yup, Preview mode uses Safari.

1 Like

thanks very much! I removed it for now and will wait

Hey @Whittfield - Just upgraded SmartNav and am now running into an issue where drop down menus don’t overflow past the global area. It looks like there were significant changes to the css after the upgrade. I’m fairly new to Blocs and am in a bit of a crunch to get a project completed. Is there anything obvious that I might be doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi @ynp933,

Sorry about that, when combined with the recent menu hover options I’m liking this a lot.

Smart Nav 1.1.1 is now available.

You can update through the extension Manager.

Good luck with the project :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hi, I’m using smart nav brick. in the mobile break point, the logo has a max width of 60? why can’t I enlarge it?