New Bric: Tab Anything

Hi @svimic,

Yes, Tab Anything Pro allows the loading of content from other Blocs pages.

First “single page site” and “one pagers” are not the same thing. A single page site can actually be quiet robust with information and have actual “pages” loading

Just my opinion, but the two main reasons to load content are:

1. There’s really heavy content such as large higher res images.
  2. There’s so much content on each section that the it would make your Blocs file cumbersome to work.
1 Like

Hi @Whittfiel. I’ll take a try with Tab Anything. To start a project in June, do you advise to use Bootstrap 4 or 5 ? In other words, is it safe and stable to start with Bootstrap 5 and Tab Anything ? And in case the client ask to be able to edit content, is Tab Anything working well with Volt CMS (@Jannis) ?

You’ll need to stick with Bootstrap 4 for now. I expect to have things ready for BS5 at some point after the release of Blocs 4.3 A lot of api work will be in that release so it makes most sense for me to do so.

I haven’t tried it, but I have heard that Tab Anything works fine with Volt. If Volt works with other Blocs UI components like tabs and accordions then this should work well. I imagine the two would work really well together but I can’t confirm.

2 Likes

I used it on a site for a friend and can confirm that:

Top right event box on the homepage and on the events page at the top.

3 Likes

nice! So the auto-rotating content and the tabs are managed in Volt.

It’s a slick setup. And don’t forget, Tab Anything Pro supports using any link on the page as a Tab. So you can even manage your tab labels through Volt in that case.

Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

Great to hear both products work together :smile::+1:

3 Likes

@Whittfield Hi again, I’m currently testing TabAnything for a project in which I’d like to have a vertical navigation with 6 sections, each one having a few links that I thought I could manage with TA instances. It’s working well for a single instance of TA. I thought of having an accordion with TA instance in each accordion card.
You can see it here. It’s not yet designed. I’m on the step of evaluating feasibility before starting dev.
The problem is that the first tab of each TA instances on the page is displayed one below the other. The idea is that the right column displays only the clicked tab replacing the previous content. But as each TA have its own index, I’m not sure I can do that.
I hope I make myself clear. Roughly it is as if having a main Menu on the left sidebar with submenus. Could I achieve this with TA ?
Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Try this. Use a tab anything with the amount of tabs you want and hide it.
Then use text links or buttons to call the same group tabs

test.bloc (202.2 KB)

1 Like

Excellent, thank you. Would never have been able to find that alone. I’m a newbie to TAPro. Now, I can see the Custom Attributes section in the doc.
It doesn’t play so well with small devices (SM, XS) but as @Whittfield states The custom links can be anywhere on the page including your primary navigation I guess I could set up a sidebar menu instead of an accordion.
Thanks again, for the test file also. Very helpful. Muchas gracias @chicuelo :pray:

1 Like

Yes, you can also disable the accordion on smaller breakpoints and use another control system that is visible only on that breakpoints.

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to join the Blocs Live Design Session but I’m unable. Tried with Zoom, with Google Meet. I have the confirmation code, tried to open the calendar event attached to the confirmation email… what did I missed ?

Finally found an URL in the .ics file (which didn’t show up in Calendar). And tried to connect… waiting for someone authorizing me to enter…

Issue there. I let as many in as I could when I saw the popups, they stopped appearing and I didn’t get notice. I’m going to follow up for the folks that missed. really soon I’ll announce so stay tuned.

I also think the ideas of how and when to use these brics are as important as the tool itself. after all we are designers too. So look out for more topics around using these tools to put out outstanding work!

1 Like

OK thanks Whittfield. Looking forward next session.
A suggestion regarding rsvpify: The confirmation infos are not clear. It is not mentioned through which channel the session will be given (Google Meet). In my country, 80% of inline meetings are done through Zoom. And the URL for joining is only visible in the .ics attached file, which, as stated before, didn’t opened in Calendar (for Mac). Maybe it is in Google Calendar format. It is by desperately doing a QuickLook on the file that I saw it was a google meet url that I had to enter manually. Moreover, there are 2 QR-codes in the rsvpify confirmation: one confirmation code in the message body and one attached to the email; both don’t give any result with the iPhone camera. If you don’t know what they are related to, no way to join.
Now, I know but for newcomers it could really be improved.
Thanks.

Thank you so much for this post.

Regards.

It opened without issues in my Calendar app.

@Whittfield hi, is there archive video of the session or smth like that?

More time now I can focus on the website using Tab Anything Pro with the solution you provided. I’d like to use a navbar on smaller breakpoints. Did the same config as yours for menu list items: toggle visibility, custom attributes tab-link and tab-group. But can’t make it work as you can see Here.
By the way, is something broken in TAPro after 4.3 update ? Can’t see anymore group index.

As an alternative for smaller breakpoints, my other idea was just to make Tab Anything Pro only visible on SM and XS and enable mobile in parameters. But nothing display as you can see here

@Whittfield would that be an option ?