New project to help people learn Blocs

@vandieck

Thanks!

I am glad my videos are helpful to you! I am working on the ‘Becoming a Blocs Master’ video series at the moment, so if there is anything in particular you want to learn, let me know, and I will try to include it in the upcoming course!

Cheers,
Eldar

@Eldar I think a series on the menu would be very helpful. I know you did a nice video on how to add a button but I’d like to see some that showed the right way to style a default menu. What classes to use changing text, background (all states) and adding drop downs. The default menus are really nice but learning what classes effect the different parts of the menu would give the user a better understanding of how it works. Once a user has that knowledge learning more advanced techniques would be easier. @norm just put out the series on using classes and it was really helpful.

Casey

1 Like

@casey1823

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely include the menu in the upcoming course.

@Eldar

Thanks for asking!
It is the knowledge about basic things, such as …
that in the mobile view no video background are possible and a picture as a placeholder must be.
How to correctly create classes and subclasses to exchange images and font sizes just for the mobile / tablet version.

For me personally, that I can use the videos like a reference book,
if I have not used the program a three-quarters of a year.
Such videos are easier to remember than a written manual - for me.

Best regards
Thomas

PS.:
For dedicated users:
Perhaps a step-by-step course on
how to deal with October CMS, Surreal and Cushy, and what is the difference …
if you want to make a page for a friend who has no idea about anything.
Enough, this will probably be expensive
if you want to get all this served in videos. :slight_smile:

@vandieck Thanks for the feedback!

As for CMS, I was thinking a couple of times about integrating one of the available platforms into my own websites (like Blocs Templates), but every time I come to a conclusion that it is better to use the alternative solutions like Squarespace, Medium, Wordpress or even Tumblr.

I am sure that October CMS, Surreal, Cushy and certainly Pulse CMS are great products, but that’s not what I need. At least at the moment.

Cheers,
Eldar