New site for a graphic designer (with complicated menus!)

I’ve almost finished a site in Blocs (to replace an existing WordPress site and keeping the same design as far as possible) - it is deceptively simple in design but has a lot of menus.

The dev url is;

https://la.sanddev.co.uk

Cheers
Kevin

1 Like

Great different design ! love to see what other people do - nice one !!

I noticed the menu on smaller devices to sit over the image.

Would love to see what the wordpress site looked like?

Hi - thanks! My client (a family member) was clear that her niche clients would not be using mobile to view her work (she felt they would be using desktop Macs - and the stats back that up), so mobile was not that important to her, but I’m tried to make it at least workable on mobile). But I will have a look to see if I can prevent the overlay.

The WordPess site is
https://languagearts-ny.com
When I’ve finished testing the dev Blocs site I’ll move it to the real domain.

1 Like

Thats pretty damn close ! great work!

One thing I have noticed when doing a menu on Blocs and specially side menus is when you click on the wordpress menu, only the content in the middle changes, but on the Blocs - the whole screen loads - I wonder is there a way to make it stay on click.

Also on mobile, the font seems to change to a different font on the menu.

Nice work

Yes, I have noticed that a certain size, I suddenly see serif font instead of Helvetica but I can’t see why! I’ve been through all the styles at all screen sizes and cannot see where it’s happening - I’ll keep looking. Thanks for your observations and comments.

This is a really elegant website. Wonder how @sanderling got the left and the right columns to stay static, while only the center one scrolls.

Very tasty.

Thanks Ivory.

I kind of made it up as I went along (the build - the design as an image was given to me by the client).

The two fixed columns, I put the content of those inside a div and used the class editor positioning fixed to keep them in place, while leaving the middle column to scroll normally.

The really complicated bit was all the navigation menus - separate ones for each section and separate ones for mobile!

I would never attempt this again for a real paying client - I’m mostly retired now!