New site for Rock Band

Hello guys,

Just to share my latest website built with amazing Blocs 4.4.2. for a heavy psychedelic band. It is a new album release page. In fact, it is my band’s second vinyl :wink:

Hope you dig it!

http://stoneinband.com

Cheers!
Alberto

6 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Thanks man!

Very cool!

1 Like

Great job! Makes me miss live-music…

1 Like

It looks fine on desktop with Safari but with mobile I hit an insecure SSL issue. You will want to add that SSL certificate because a lot of browsers are flagging insecure sites now.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Haha! Very cool, man, Thanks!

I see! Thanks a lot Flashman for your comment. Last time I got a certificate it was painful to add it and make it work. Any suggestion on the best place to get them from?

Who is your web host? Please don’t say GoDaddy…

Most web hosts supply free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates by default these days and they can be applied with a single click in the control panel.

In the case of my web host called guru.co.uk they are applied automatically whenever a new website is added, so in that sense having a non secure website isn’t even possible there. Apart from browsers flagging non secure websites it’s also bad for SEO and may well breach certain laws like GDPR if email is sent for example.

If your web host is making this difficult or charging a fee I would drop them without a second thought.

This is what I get with Firefox on desktop.

Im with Media Temple, and got the certificate with PositiveSSL for another site and have wanted to install it myself but no luck. Last time I chatted with both help desks and at some point it worked but no fun really. Probably I should bite the bullet and purchase the certificated directly with MD and get it installed and everything from them.

It’s been a long time since I last looked at Media Temple but they used to have a decent name. I am shocked if they are not offering free SSL certificates with one click instruction.

I am on my mobile at the moment but this looked like you can have Let’s Encrypt.

https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/208603976/install-a-let’s-encrypt-ssl

Yes, they offer one click ssl solutions but at a cost, and I wanted to save some money, but looks like the best way to go is that route. I’ll check the let’s encrypt thing! Thanks again Flashman, you rock!

If you want to stick with them I guess there is no choice but it’s very unusual these days to charge for this, especially since Let’s Encrypt itself is free.

1 Like

Oh I see! Then, I’ll look thoroughly into that. MT has been very good and the grid server solution works well as I have my clients hosted in there, unfortunately my technical knowledge limitations kick in leaving me stranded at times, finding the solutions after intense digging sessions.

very nice! I like how you embedded the Bandcamp widget

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
It was quite tricky because the code widget would always place the graphic to the left and not in the center.

Nice. Clean and easy to navigate. I also made a site for mixing & mastering. It’s simple, but it has been effective… and it’s fun to build sites in blocs, JD http://thundersoundstudio.ca

2 Likes

Thanks, man. I see your site, raw and punk, cool!

1 Like

Nicely done…

1 Like