New to Blocs - Possible to copy these websites of mine?

Hi everyone,
I am in the process of looking at website builders (having previously used Freeway) and wanted something that was relatively simple to migrate my existing websites to.
I have a Wordpress site that is overdue for an upgrade and rather than buying a template as I have done before I wanted the flexibility of creating my own.
Is Blocs able to copy something similar to my site or is there a simple template that I can build on?
The website I am wanting to work on is this:
https://thefrogfactory.com

Nicely designed website. Building the site in Blocs would be fun. I think it would be cool way to put Blocs to the test.

1 Like

Thanks. It was a commercial theme I had tweaked by the developer.
The products layout is created by a plugin so that would just be pasted into a code bloc I would imagine.
This is all pretty new for me - I am used to just using a theme but that has limits and over time tends to stop working.

Check out

Minimalist Blocs Library

There is so much more… :slight_smile:

Hi @thefrogfactory, like you, I jumped from Freeway (via Muse) to Blocs - along with a few others who use this forum.

I’m not a full-time web developer by any stretch of the imagination, but find Blocs very user friendly.
Just having a very quick scroll through your site, there’s nothing there that would worry me too much at all to replicate in Blocs.

The only slight problem (only because it’s out of MY comfort zone) I can foresee is integrating your store into it, but if you have an account with Ecwid (which the only store I’ve ever used - once!) then I believe you can stye the backend to match your theme colours.

I believe there’s a trial version of Blocs, why not download that and have a play to get the basics there. This forum is a very helpful place to come to when needed.

One forum pointer - wherever possible, add a link for members to have a look at the code when needed (not with constructing the site in Blocs, but anything not working properly when published)! Much easier to diagnose problems when they arise if those ‘in-the-know’ can see the code.

Best of luck - it’s an ever-developing fun app to use.

1 Like

Hi @TrevReav.
Thanks for your input. I am playing around with Blocs at the moment.
This is the tool I am using for listing my products (hence the reason I need to stick with Wordpress since it is a Wordpress plugin and the only one that works).
https://niftytoolz.com/the-niftygridz-wordpress-plugin
It is essentially a live feed from my Zazzle store (a print on demand company).
So it is just a matter of adding the code to any Wordpress page and it will show up.
The other site is my music site https://marksmusicaustralia.com (created in Freeway) which is also in need of an overhaul.

Thanks.
I have sent an email to the developer - I really like the Creator template he has made and I’m interested in how that could be altered and turned into a Wordpress theme.

hi @thefrogfactory (Mark)

Welcome to Blocs. Im not an expert in the Wordpress side of things but here is a series of videos which could assist you and I am sure using what @Eldar has created can be brought into it.

Please post your results on this too - One of my things I want to do later this year is start creating websites for live performers, singers, bands etc - so will be good to see what you are planning.

Good luck.

1 Like

You can definitely turn any of the Blocs templates into Wordpress templates. Have you looked through the Blocs Wordpress video tutorials? Once you’ve gone through those, look at the documentation and the shortcodes provided by Blocs. Here is a link:
https://help.blocsapp.com/article-categories/wordpress/

Shout when you need help.

Cheers,

Ricardo

3 Likes

In that case, I would contact Zazzle and ask about the code - it may be as simple as adding a code bric (or bloc, I can never remember which!) and pasting in, as you do in Wordpress.

If you have the code already, give it a try, if not if may be slightly different code for a non-WP site.

Good luck, keep us informed of how it all goes.