No more functionalities no more AI less bugs!

LAYER TREE is completely broken … for a lot of versions now … and a lot of people are complaining …

Objects in the canvas disappears from HTML tree and we cannot select them anymore.
Blocs is therefore becoming completely useless …

Really no one give a sh*t to say “hey bloc” to do things … we just want reliability and stability … or maybe I’m using the wrong software ? I really think to switch …

2 Likes

I’m not a software developer, and yes, there are still bugs that … bug me too. Some have been around for quite some time. It’s probably hard to find them, since they don’t occur for all users, and apparently only under certain circumstances.

I’m sure your complaint will be noted, even if I dislike the way you communicate. Your best bet is to send Norm a bug report using the “Report a Bug” button at the top of the forum overview though.

If you want to switch, enjoy. Let us know, which Software you go with.

Yes sorry for the tone … but I used blocs from Day One … and I love it so much BUT this bug with tree layer is back every two versions …

Something is wrong with the dev …

You can not have such basic bug that corrupt completely your file and yet find space in time and energy to make such thing like AI integration …

1 Like

Did you try “Hey Blocs, fix the layer tree” :thinking:

Most of our time is spent fixing bugs actually, look at the release notes for any version of Blocs and you will see more fixes than features. Bug fixing can take days, weeks, even years.

Here is something to consider.

Every time you update MacOS (even a small patch update) any part, of any application on your Mac can break.

If you look at the last release from Blocs 5.0.8, this previously worked perfectly fine, then Apple changed something and boom, Blocs started crashing when editing text.

So please consider that fixing bugs in any software, on any platform is like whacking moles. It will never end, unless you disconnect your Mac from the internet and never update any part of it again.

I appreciate it’s very frustrating when you encounter bugs, but coming onto the forum and writing post like this is counter productive.

I would suggest you file a detailed bug report and help to test the betas of Blocs 5.1, we make them public so everyone has a chance to help find and solve problems with them.

9 Likes

Norm, I have a great respect for your work from day One as I’ve already say BUT it’s not really a small bug here but blocs corrupting file ! and it is not new …

There is something wrong with the tree layer for a long long long time … and it is always come back …

Feedback are not always pleasant … that what even it is for ! I must be one of your first 100 clients … if not the first 10 … I made dozen projects with blocsapp, I recommend it as often I can … so if I’m pissed of please, thanks to take it in consideration.

Do I have to like blocks so much to still continue to use it? Apparently yes …

1 Like

AI might be able to help us with a few things but rushing out to add this buggy mess to our beautiful Blocs program might not be the best thing to do since AI is in beta stage.

3 Likes

You obviously didn’t read what I wrote about the AI stuff in the last beta :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I noticed a few hiccups with the layer tree every now and then but I haven’t really found a pattern to it yet and it doesn’t show too often to disrupt me.

I’m planning on updating my Blocs 4 templates to the new Blocs 5 Site Template sometime soon so I will keep a look out and report.

EDIT: Also was hoping to start some work on iPad but that missing asset issue came back :upside_down_face:

1 Like