No vidéos

Hello, I have already posed the problem here without an effective answer… I build a site with a lot of videos. Some appear on the site and others do not. I changed the names, put everything to mp4, in the same source folder… But nothing does it… Someone could help me? Here is the site that is problematic:….
http://kop.lu/vidéos-page-1/

Thank you

No help, but just for info.
Videos 1, 3, 14, 17 and 22 are missing for me. The rest play fine.
Could they have been encoded at a different setting? That’s the only thing that immediately jumps out at me.
Or did you receive them from different sources for any encoding issues?
Maybe re-encode using Handbrake (or similar) into a format you know works?

Sorry I couldn’t be of any more help.

In the developer console I see these errors

As per TrevReav, in my Chrome videos 2/4/6/8/9/11/12/15/16/19 are totally missed, while other appears with dark grey background but and not playing when clicked. In Safari they are all displayed, but 1/3/14 and 17 not playing.

For my experience, working with video is a nightmare: what I can suggest you is trying to use some free online service like Convertio and have all original videos converted with the same format/codec.
A good resource to read can be found here Media format for web. Try also to use a shorter file name, I found that’s better.

Plus, I’ll give it a try to insert a webm video instead of mp4: don’t know if Blocs could support, some expert like @Jerry or @Norm could better help.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. All videos were encoded in the same way (Quicktime)…

As @webdeersign showed you are still using special characters. The internet (URLs) uses a thing called ASCII character set, if you use characters not in that set it replaces it with a code. Sometimes there is no problem, but really it’s best practise to use characters in the ASCII set.

Eg. Avoid using accented letters as well as spaces.

Ì = %CC

1 Like

Ok, leave QuickTime apart and try with the service I mention before: It offers more possibility and Is very affordable. Be only sure that original files are not more than 10 mb or you cannot upload.

Probably a good idea to not make several threads about the same topic also. Keep it together. It’s also more helpful for people searching for similar answers in the future.

Forgot ti say…try first with a couples of videos that are not loaded/working them ser results in all browser :wink:

Handbrake is a well used video converter. It’s also free and has a web optimising option. It’s a fantastic app. Many of us here use it.

If you are self hosting videos you need to make sure they are well optimised. CDNs like YouTube, Vimeo etc will serve multiple versions of a video depending on connection speed etc. self hosted you don’t have that luxury.

2 Likes

Ok thank you

All names have been changed. Blocks that do not accept them…

Looks like Blocs has accepted them, but because you are still naming your videos correctly, by using special characters such as é, browsers cannot understand the URL of some of your videos.

YOU MUST REMOVE ALL SPECIAL CHARACTERS, or browsers will not understand where your videos are, and they will not show.

Use only a-z, 0-9, - and _

1 Like

To be fair you have been given the answer several times already (in basic terms and more technical reasons why). The answer remains the same, you really need to fix the names of the videos.

ok thank you

Well, well, the situation is much worse now, all my content has disappeared… My pages in blocks are “content free” while in the thumbnail on the left they appear filled…. Help!!!

Using one of the links in this thread I can see “most” of the videos. They do play and expand to a larger size when using Mac controls.

Are you not seeing ANY?

Rich the Weather Guy

Hello, some videos are played and not others, regardless of their size.

I still see 5 videos missing, and it looks like they still have the wrong names! Conforming to the ASCII character set applied to page names too. It just stops potential issues.

Can you document the process you took to rename these.

On the pages that have broken videos do you use any code widgets/ code Brics?