Open Graph protocol

It looks like you are up and running. This is a useful resource to resize images for special media. Social Media Image Resizing Tool | Landscape by Sprout Social

You could work from this as a template for more detailed results:

<meta property="og:type" content="website"/><meta property="og:title" content="teaterfestivalen"/><meta property="og:image" content="https://teaterfestivalen.se/sample-image.jpg"/><meta property="og:url" content="https://teaterfestivalen.se/"/><meta property="og:description" content="description about what we do."/> <meta property="og:site_name" content="my Facebook page name"/>

1 Like

Thanks Flashman!
Can I just upload an image to my img-folder and put it’s name instead of sample-image? Or does it have to be visable on the page?
content=“FRI SCEN SÖRMLAND”/><meta

What does this do?:
og:site_name" content=“my Facebook page name”/>`

You could in theory, but you risk overwriting it when updating the site. I would be inclined to add a separate folder with a name like _social or _images. Put the image in the folder and link directly. You can call the image whatever you like and I generally call them fb.jpg.

I always host images remotely on the server where possible and adding the “_” in front of the folder name pushes it to the top, so you don’t delete it by mistake.

That last line simply associates the entry with your relevant Facebook page. Facebook seems to like it.

I added an image on a “ghost”-page I use for trying things out before I publish it. It’s on the very same site but isn’t linked or visable unless you know the name of ith page. It seem to be accepted by facebook anyways! But maybe there is a risk that the ghost-page shows up when people google the festival?

You don’t need to add it on a page and it may cause problems. Just upload it to the server as a separate image.

1 Like

Your idea with a separate folder that only can be found on the server seem like the best option though. I’ll go for that! Thanks Flashman!!

Hello,

I have the same problems with Norwegian. Only the english characters is understood in filenames and paths…