Parallax-Settings in Blocs4 ?! - Solved

Hello everybody!

I don’t know if it is a bug or if I am suddenly incapable … but I can’t get the parallax effect anymore… only in Blocs4 itself.

When I test it in the browser, I always get this effect. ( see the 2 attached pictures )
Thx!

1 Like

Hi,

I think inside Blocs app, it just makes the background fixed. It should be fine in the preview mode.

Dear Eldar,
thanks for the answer!
But not …
in Blocs4 everything runs correctly, but no matter in which browser I test it, I get this staircase effect.

In the appendix you can find a picture of my settings, those are identical with Blocs2-Beta and Blos3.

thx, Thomas

I see, what happens when you create another bloc and add a parallax image there?

I have tried it … same result.
It works perfectly in Bloc4 … but not, I go to any browser preview.

+Update:
In the meantime Blocs4 deleted and reinstalled … self effect.
( macOS 10.15.7 )

I was just looking to see if anyone else has a problem. My image just moves with the rest of the page. No parallax effect. Checked the website on a Windows machine (Chrome) and same problem.
Was working on Bloc 3.
It previews fine in the Blocs 4 app, but not when VIEWed by Chrome ,Safari or uploaded to a server and viewed. (Also using 10.15.7)

John 11/28/20

The way it works is different in blocs v4. Stacking blocs next to each other will not give you the continued effect if they have the same image.

You need to place all of your content into a single bloc so rather than use multiple blocs with the same image, use multiple rows within a bloc.

The in-app design mode is using the old method, but this is temporary.

I made a test website with a header, footer and 1 Bloc .
The bloc has 1 line of text and an image.
Parallax is checked and the image moves in Preview, but not when VIEWed.

*** Sorry, DOESN’T work in Preview mode, only in the editing mode. ******

John

Thanks Norm for the answer!

If I understand it correctly, when it comes to “Parallax” in Blocs4 … the parallax-effect is now actually just a “background image”, within a page, respectively within a single Bloc !?

Yeah. The workflow is slightly different.

Thank you!
Good to know.
Greetings, Thomas

I much prefer the new way styling and offerings but if you stacked in the past and want to bring over to blocs 4 I can see the pain in this - I guess if you are layering parallax blocs then keep blocs 3 for this style… maybe this will change I don’t know? But hope it does not change the way it works now as so far I am liking it.

I think sometimes to move forward in technology in both hardware & software you have to sacrifice the old to bring in the new…even though the old was hugely used. Apple did this to USB, headphone Jacks & Steve Jobs did it with Flash all those years ago and how right he was!

But if @Norm does get this working in its old ways with keeping 100% the new ways then it’s a win for all…and all for win! (Sorry, I’m a fan of the three musketeers!) :joy:

It’s not that hard, select the row from within a bloc, drag it using the layer tree into the other bloc.

Or use copy and paste. Just take care to select the row when you paste and not an inner item like a column otherwise it will nest inside.

We all experience the same problem! I have done a few post about it!

It’s not about that! I know it’s all new and we have to move forward, but for me the way it behaves feels like a bug which I’m sure will have a solution soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AdieJAM and @Norm!
I’m fine with it!

I think this could one of the reasons why “Parallax” now runs on mobile devices … and page loading can be faster.
I just couldn’t figure it out myself and it took me almost an afternoon before I went to the forum.

But it is a bit confusing, if you use the “old way” and everything looks correct in Bloc4 … but when you load it into your browser it does’t look like in Blocs.
To understand the modular system in “Blocs” is a basic requirement :wink:
Greetings, Thomas

2 Likes

@Norm can you please share how you have made the Brics parallax effect in Blocs website?

@Eldar is it the same way as you made in Barista?

1 Like

I’ll share the blocs website as a project on the store if anyone wants a copy??

9 Likes

Yes please…

1 Like

yes please Norm, interested in how you did the scrolling of the blocs store app section - thats really tidy…I have kind of got it on playing around - but not as good as you have done it - that slick.