PDF with Mobile-Devices (OS vs. Android)

Hello
I have created a very small website that has not to be updated and so during the year.

www.beggehuus.ch

I have inserted two links to PDF in the website. Then via FTP-Filezilla I have created a folder named „pdf“ and the file-link has the name to this folder. The PDF have been uploaded on server via FTP. All works fine with Desktop and with iPhone-Mobiles.

But on Android-Mobiles (Samsung, etc.) the PDF-File does not open.

Can someone help to understand why or has experienced similar or same issues?

Thank you for help.

Rob

no replies? no ideas?
Who can help?
Please; Blocs seems to have a bug as on Apple devices all is working fine but if you us android Mobile-devices PDF cannot be opened.

This is not a Blocs issue but rather a limitation of Android. A simple Google search, like I did on behalf of you, would have taught you this. Either just avoid using PDFs or tell your Android users to set their phones to ‘Desktop Site’

Hello
Then why, PDF linked in Blocs website cannot be open with Android and PDF linked in Joomla-website can be opened?

PDF ex Blocs:

PDF ex Joomla:

I cannot find out the issue, why Android devices cannot open first pdf (blocs) but can ope the second (Joomla).

When I added PDFs, I just did it via blocs and added them. Didn’t bother to create a folder for them etc…

Mine seemed to work fine…well I hope they did !! as I did over 55 Pdfs that went out to over 2,000 people in 2 days and didn’t have one problem with people reading/accessing them and looking at the analytics people were accessing them on apple and android phones as well as Mac and PC and not an issue…so not sure what is going on there !..but I do know Chrome and browsers have had some changes in the way PDFs, Audio and Video is accessed over time.

Unfortunately I have no way to test this as I have more chance of Elon Musk coming to mine for a meal with Michael Jackson as his plus 1, than an Android device being in this house!

Good Luck though and please post your results so we can refer back to.

You need to post the actual websites where the PDFs are linked from, instead of the PDFs itself, if you want someone here to have a look.

www.beggehuus.ch

• Öffnungszeiten
  • Vermietung

How insert PDF in Blocs?

File Download Interaction

The file download interaction lets you set a file that will be automatically downloaded when a visitor clicks the item. You can also quickly create file download buttons by simply dragging files such as ZIPs or PDF’s from Finder onto the Blocs design canvas.

Oh, many thanks.

But I need some more help on “how to”.
Is it mentioned in the manual of Blocs?
I cannot find.

Now it‘s fine; many thanks for your help and community.
Appreciated

1 Like