Pictures are not displayed on the website

--------------- in english ---------------
A very hot tip for all those who work with umlauts (ä/ö/ü). I wondered why some of my pictures are not displayed on the website even though they were previewed on Blocs. I suspected that it was because of the umlauts and fortunately my tip was exactly the right one. Uses umlauts in the titles of your pictures:
ä = ae
ö = oe
ü = ue

--------------- auf deutsch ---------------
Ein ganz heißer tipp für alle die im mit Umlauten (ä/ö/ü) arbeiten. Ich habe mich gewundert warum einige Bilder von mir auf der Website nicht dargestellt werden obwohl diese bei Blocs in der Vorschau angezeigt wurden. Ich habe vermutet, dass es an den Umlauten liegt und glücklicherweise war mein Tipp genau der richtige. Verwendet in euren Bilder Titeln ausgeschriebene Umlaute:
ä = ae
ö = oe
ü = ue

1 Like

This goes for ALL files.
Video, audio, whatever …

2 Likes

this is not only the case for the German Umlaute. Many other special characters are not accepted as well in the allowed character conventions of code in websites (e.g. ß, é, ñ, ∑, &, ç, Ω etc.). I had this issue with an improper file naming of a video, which showed in blocs but did not show up on the published website.

2 Likes

Sometimes even a space won‘t work.

1 Like

In 90‘s I was learned in IT that no „umlauts“ (äöü and special characters) should be used in naming files (restrictions in operatin systems); all type of files; this as general rule.
Also not using blank space.
And so far I respect this rule and have no issues on this!
Oldies but goodis!