Please help me improve our website

I’ve been to Newark. You don’t all do it.

Oh, well. I guess it’s something we do.

As already suggested, I would really make more space (padding) between the individual sections to loosen it all up a bit (white space is also a design element).

1 Like

Hello,

Your website overall is very nice and load super fast. The flow is smooth!
I can give you some feedback from a graphic designer perspective base on the desktop view.

1. Try line-up “Growli” with those secondary title, an easy way to fix this is simply trim off the empty space before “G” while editing on that png file. Make sure you type the description in “ALT” section, it helps with SEO.

2. You can keep only Logo as the access to “Home”, no need to create a separate “Home” button.

3. For the page FAQ, simply smaller the type for paragraphs, create more breathing space. This would help your audience read more easier. “The quick answer is, anyone” you are missing a period, also would suggest you make “anyone” into a different font (Maybe turn into all cap?) So people see the hierarchy of this, also encourage people to click on it.

4. I don’t think you need “Growli + secondary title” section so big on every page. I would smaller this section on your articles. This way, you will create hierarchy on the pages.

Hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s great feedback :slight_smile:

Nice work! I was just reading an interesting article that could be of interest to anyone who builds a website.

1 Like

That’s an excellent read, thank you for sharing that.

I can see where you are going with the red headlines but the colour is subtly different to that in your Growli logo at the top of the front page. The shade that you have used in the logo will definitely work better against the black. DigitalColor Meter in OSX Utilities will help you match the red.

I’m looking at the desktop version of your site. You may wish to reduce the space beneath the “Created by Dave” and “Check out the reviews”. You could also put “Created by Dave” on a faint grey background to separate it from the following bloc. (This may help you choose which grey.)

You don’t use it much but I would avoid ragged left text. I work in print design and we avoid it as it is so hard to read, especially across a wider measure.

You also use title case, which is an American look that hasn’t caught on in Europe. Compare the Wall Street Journal with The Times.

I’d also avoid a mix of upper/lower case headlines and all caps – and I agree with the previous commenter about having a different font for headlines and text. Take a look at Google Fonts which will give you the latest thinking on the matter.

I know I’ve made a lot of comments but they are meant to be constructive. I do hope you find them helpful.

Will

1 Like

Thanks Will, that’s really helpful. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi @DaveC - just had a quick look again and great to see some things I mentioned and I think its made a huge change on the larger banner - its gives your site some dominance when the user logs on and some white space being brought into the sections/blocs.

Nice work - its a massive improvement.

1 Like

Just been looking on a computer. email links working on that :+1:

Just noticed: your FAQs have a greengrocer’s apostrophe

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll take a look

Thanks mate, your suggestions were very instrumental in improving the whole flow of the site. Very much appreciated.

1 Like