Pre-Loader Bug?

Here are some live examples.

Now take into consideration that this is a very basic page just loading a video bg. It doesn’t take long but you should see the delay in Safari, this only amplifies if you have more content and videos on the page.

Open Link 1 in Chrome and Safari, they will load at a similar speed, because Safari doesn’t use a pre-loader.

Link1

Open Link 2 in Chrome and Safari, you should see the delay in Safari as it has a pre-loader enabled.

Link2

The most irritating part is, as soon as Safari has loaded the page, it loads really quickly with a refresh, so this only effects new visitors who visit for the first time in Safari. I spent around 6 hours trying to figure out a hack to get around it, but didn’t make any progress. Maybe someone else here in the forum has a idea??

Async CSS Loading
Hi Norm, is it possible to load the mp4 files async with css? it should be solve the problem ?

I’m not sure, I’ll take a look. Lazy load already partially fixed the issue unless a video is used above the fold.

Glad I found this, and thanks Norm.

I can report this safari solution works fairly well for me…I say ‘fairly’ well because my site appears to load so fast that the ‘gear’ pre-loader doesn’t have a chance to load first, but appears to interrupt the banner as it is loading, as the ‘gears’ pop up, and then the banner returns with its text animation working as expected, with a single loop.

it’s better than the double animation. :upside_down_face: