Preserving SEO rankings & presence when shifting from one web host to another

I am moving between web hosts and wondering how I can best preserve whatever search engine, links and other bits of presence my sites have? I’m moving from A2Hosting to SiteGround.

Specifically, will uploading these sites to SiteGround from my desktop, versus copying them from the old host to the new host, affect the aforementioned? Any recommendations? Or is there another way I’ve not thought of?

SiteGround should offer a free migration service (most hosts will, or it’s very affordable, well worth not wasting your time). It will be seamless, and email will be moved too.

The site should function the same, you don’t loose search ranking etc, as long as the domain is setup correctly. If you’re unsure, just let the host migrate.

I’m an A2Hosting user, curious to why you’re moving, I find them great.

Update:

A quick look at the SiteGround site shows you this… they charge, but it’s cheap and easy.

Moving from one host to another is completely neutral in Seo terms. If it is a Blocs site you can either use a migration tool if one exists or simply upload via FTP and change the name servers. As a general rule of thumb it is better having web host servers that are close to your visitors, since that will reduce latency.

More pertinently, if one of the two web hosts has fast loading and 100% uptime, while the other is over subscribed with lots of problems that will have an impact on your search ranking, as well as the visitor experience. This is where the very cheap shared hosting plans can be a a false economy.