Scroll to control video playback

is there a way to use the vertical scrolling as a means to scrub a video file?

Not built in, you need to build this yourself using Javascript.

There are a number of examples online, like this one for example…

2 Likes

To achieve this effect I saved a short video take as a png-sequence, imported it in Hype 4 as a sprite sheet and exported from there as HTML folder. In Blocs I imported the hyperesources to the assets. Then added this to the »Hype Embed« bric. For playback I’ve chosen »Scroll Sync«.
This works (at least) in preview. Scrolling up plays the sequence forward and scrolling down plays it back.

looks great!!! but can you explain me how I can apply this in blocs, I got some troubles trying that. thank you

Is it possible to transfer the example online you have shown in a blocs app document? I think and hope so, but I try in many different ways and nothing happens. es: I create a div and give a id and class “spacer” with all the css style then insert the video and give a id and class “video” with all the css style, in the document settings I upload the script.js and even I insert the script in the header of the page as a script snippet. I can see the movie but when I scroll nothing moves. Maybe some custom attributes added to the video or the div or the block could be working? Hoping for your gentle answer, thank you e grazie