Scrutiny on sale

I just had an email from bundlehunt and saw that they have Scrutiny on sale for just $5. It’s normally $115 and I consider this an essential app as part of my work checking for errors and seo etc. Go grab a bargain while you can. There may be something else of interest but this was the one that immediately caught my attention. You have to scroll down the page near the bottom to see Scrutiny.

4 Likes

Not heard of it before but it sounds very useful for a Noob like me!

Scrutiny is like a bloodhound for spotting errors on a website, such as spelling typos or links going to incorrect destinations. It can also give seo advice, update Microsoft IndexNow, create detailed sitemaps and a lot more.

I believe the nearest competitor is called screaming frog, which is £149 a year, so Scrutiny is a bargain even at the normal price. Right now it’s a no brainer. The same developer does a couple simpler apps like Integrity Pro but at this price I’d grab Scrutiny without hesitating.

1 Like

Bought, thanks for the recommendation. There’s a $3 ‘Bundle’ fee which you also pay once (no matter how many apps you buy I suppose). The only other app I would have been interested in is Hype, but I got this in a bundle a while ago. Right, I’m off to find loads errors in my websites …

Yes I didn’t understand the bundle fee when I first bought something there. It’s worth seeing what you want before you go through the checkout, rather than coming back again and having to pay the bundle fee a second time. They have Tumult Whisk there, which is a decent app, though I have it already.

The developer of Scrutiny is very helpful and actually made changes in the past specifically for Blocs. I purchased version 8 over three years ago and it’s been free updates since then, so great value and I use it on every website.

I was ready to buy the $ 3.00 Bundle (54 macOS apps), but at checkout it said 206.00
BundleHunt wants my CC before showing the final cost. I don’t trust companies like these.

It’s not all 54 apps for $3. It’s $3 to unlock the bundle and then choose apps that you want. Each one is priced individually as you can see on the page.

@KBConcepts DM me your Credit Card, I will sort it for you. :cowboy_hat_face:

(seriously don’t :innocent:)

2 Likes

Your funny. Support is trying to fix the problem.

Ohh hype is available too! Nice!

1 Like

I picked up Hype last time, and today Scrutiny. I do feel a little bad, as the deal is sooo good.

Personally, I see that as false advertising and therefore dishonest business practice.
They ought to have been up front with the way the worded this.

Sometimes you need to read more than a couple lines of text to understand an offer clearly. On the same page:

"The game has changed!
Unlock the Bundle
We’ve changed everything just to give you full control over what you pay, the number of mac software you choose with unbeatable App prices, starting of $1.5 per app.

Unlock the bundle to get a access to tremendous discounts for your dream apps starting at $1.5.

The unlock price is added to your bundle app selection. Unlock Your Mac Bundle and start building your dream bundle of mac software at the price that you set yourself."

Looking at the banner, I still think it is deceptive.

It isn’t at all. $3 Unlocks the bundle pricing. Look at all the products listed below, they have a button saying add to bundle.

The landing page even says

“Unlock the bundle to get a access to tremendous discounts for your dream apps starting at $1.5.
The unlock price is added to your bundle app selection. Unlock Your Mac Bundle and start building your dream bundle of mac software at the price that you set yourself.”

EDIT: I see Flashman posted pretty much the same thing oops :wink:

Funny, I just came here to post about the $5 Scrutiny deal.
You can beat a 96% OFF sale!

I should add that APP TAMER is also very worth the price. I’ve used it happily for a number of years to keep CPU hogs under control.

Thanks for this Flashman. Best software deal for years!
I’ve now bought a copy. Excellent value…

Tumult HYPE $5.00!
Many many thanks, Flashman, I ran to buy! :sparkling_heart:

If you haven’t seen it there are two Hype specific brics for Blocs. They are provided free by some company called Cazoobi, which sounds familiar from somewhere.

4 Likes

I have only used the Hype brics in testing, but they work really well.