SEO advice

Hi,

I’ve scoured the web but can’t find a true idiot’s guide to filling in the three SEO categories in “Page Settings”.

Such as, can I use too many words, which words would work optimally in each category, and so on.

Thanks!

www.jhautomotive.co.uk

As an example, the appropriate words for my site are the likes of:

JH Automotive Refinishing Ltd, JH Automotive, JHAutomotive, Jordan Horsman, bodywork, body repairs, respraying, accident repairs, bodywork repairs, car bodywork, car bodywork repairs, tyres, car tyres, car tyre puncture, servicing, car servicing, car service, alloy wheels, alloy wheel repairs, alloy wheel respray, van, car, truck, Middlewich, Crewe, Sandbach, Northwich, Nantwich, M6, Cheshire,

Hi,
I’ve had the same problem. The only guide I have found is Google’s own “Search Engine Optimisation Starter Guide” SEO Starter Guide: The Basics | Google Search Central  |  Documentation  |  Google Developers

There is also a good youtube walk through by ciweblive at Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide - YouTube

If I come across anything else, I’ll post it here.

2 Likes

How in hell did I miss the Google doc? It’s an excellent start, thanks!

And no need to use the KEYWORDS META TAG. Leaving it empty is fine.

Just Title and Description. If you have Cards good too.
add a page, image and video sitemap.xml

Maybe this helps, too:

Thx. Unfortunately it doesn’t work on mobile. 70% or more first time visits are via mobile. That’s really important.
Matt (Cutts) is the guy in the videos. He’s a very nice guy. I’ve known for 20 years. He was in charge of search for a long time at Google. Now he works for as director of US Digital Services. So he was/is the source for SEO truth. before him was Vanessa who left to start her own company.
His wife Chris just passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago. Very sad.
The Tittle and Description tags are included in Blocs nonetheless. Just don’t need the Keywords tag. :slight_smile: