Setting a new page as the homepage - changing the index

Good day,

I need / would like to change or delete the index page - I need to set a new index. Are there any tricks out there that any body knows of ?

Thank-you
Tony

Just create your new home page in your Blocs project. Give it any name you wish. When it’s completed. go to project settings and allocate the new page as the home page of your site. When that’s done, you can delete the original home page if you no longer need it, or just give it a new name if you intend to continue using it in your site.

2 Likes

Perfect. Thank-you! Only place I did not look.

omg so complicated. Thanks for that!
Had to search for this bc couldn’t find a solution myself. Brics devs should re-evaluate their UX architecture because now it’s getting out of hand and messy - different options are scattered around without any logic behind it.

Can you elaborate or give an example?

it’s complicated because there are at least 3 different places with settings. There are project settings, there are page settings, there are canvas settings, there’s also page settings in the sidebar. It’s a bit complicated to find what I’m looking for, when I’m beginner. Of course, now I remember it, but this defeats one of the basic UX principles which is “recognition rather than recall”. So yeah, since Blocs grew in features and usability, it needs rethinking UX architecture a bit, to make it more new user friendly. Now it’s friendly to the power user which grew together with the app. I hope I’ve explained it.

Agreed, Blocs has grown. And that’s a good thing. I do think, it’s still user friendly, even for beginners. Everyone of us hat to learn how to use Blocs. Of course it helps if you know what you’re doing, but we all had to learn that. And especially in webdesign there’s no such thing as an easy way if you want to do it properly. Blocs gives you all the tools you need to make everything from a simple website draft to a rather complex and fully featured website.

UX design… well, yeah… there’s always room to improve. Though I do think Blocs did a good job at that. If you have suggestions, I’m sure @Norm will be happy to hear you out or chime in if need be.

Enjoy your journey :slight_smile: And if you need help, you got the best and most helpful community here that you can wish for.