Share your Build with Volt CMS websites

Got it now, and it works like a charm :pray:t2:

I am a textbook amateur when it comes to building websites, but the Blocs/BlocsMaster/VoltCMS combo makes it a walk in the park.

2 Likes

Well, hereā€™s a few more - all Volt-ed up (or being worked on)!

2 Likes

Just looked at your project in more detail as got some time today and very nice work.

Do you find the SEO works very well on the blog?

@TrevReav great work too, same question with the SEO on your volt related projects and google picking it up, it all pretty quick?

1 Like

What does the speed of Google indexing your website having to do with the tools your using (here, Volt CMS)?

Just asking as adding pages in blocs away from volt adds them to the sitemap and that tends to pick up in google pretty quick as the sitemap file is submitted.

So my question should be as blog pages in VOLT do not add to the site map (correct me if Iā€™m wrong) and trawls via JavaScript if this indexes with search engines just as quick?

Iā€™m guessing yes - as once the sites submitted it will keep indexing additional pages if in sitemap file or not?

Youā€™re already covered. Just add the sitemap generated by Volt CMS for the blog and add it to Google Webmaster tools.

Scroll down to RSS Feed and Sitemap

1 Like

Fab - thanks @Jannis

Iā€™ve used volt on an around 15-20 projects but as they were live stream events we take them down after - they worked when clients wanted to add some info to the event and change text per day conference.

Iā€™m pushing now for volt with long term websites and want to use the blog feature more. SEO for these is things they ask.

Canā€™t wait to dive deeper into it!

The blog post detail view automatically generates all required SEO tags into the HTML head metadata based on the values entered in the blog editor. Like preview image, title, description, etc.

1 Like

Hi @AdieJAM
Thanks for the feedback. With the course of @Eldar and the swift support of @Jannis even an amateur like myself can make a website. As to your SEO question, I did not check that.

3 Likes

it all seems to be ok. These are more informational and word-of-mouth websites. Rather than people actually looking for stuff, theyā€™re pointed in this direction. Iā€™m getting no complaints, so all good so far!

2 Likes

Hey @Jannis

Your icon looks like a pair of Y-front.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol :shorts:

I thought it looks like some robotic face

:robot:

1 Like

Y-fronts.

I rest my case.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Reminds me of the TipTop (ice cream) ad played here in New Zealand, also applies to Australia I would say too.

Watch the ad here

Hi all,

I have done several websites using the brilliant Volt from @Jannis but as you know many of my websites are streaming websites or I have signed NDA where I can not share anything and can spend daysā€¦weeks building ! and after a 2hr event they are taken down !

But here is my website using Volt for my blog on my events website. I have called the page News.
I have a single latest post on my home page and the rest will be on the news page.

I am using volt to showcase our events as they happen and previous events, but will keep it nice and clean and simple.
Thanks also to @Norm for Blocs, @PeteSharp for the brilliant AnyVideo and Flexy Foot! @Eldar for your help on the scroll!

I am tweaking things still on itā€¦as I am a website Fidler!

4 Likes

I too find Volt brilliant both for clients and also for myself to update on the go. Especially for quick text or image changes.

The following site is quite large (for a Blocs site) at over 150 pages, the majority of which are just image galleries with captions, and these all use Volt image gallery option to populate. Much of the text also uses Volt. A typical image gallery page is;

Another site uses Volt for almost everything on the site, including the Blog system to update the ā€˜Sightingsā€™ section;

I love it and recommend it.

3 Likes