Share your Build with Volt CMS websites

Hi Casey, if you donā€™t mind me asking. On the ā€˜melisa treasuresā€™ website, I noticed that the image of the house on the landing page remains full screen both horizontally and vertically regardless how one resizes the window. Is there a setting for that in Blocs?

Nope, itā€™s just set as full screen parallax. It works best if you have a image that the main content is in the middle and it has some room on each side.

Casey

Iā€™ve just updated my blog completely using Volt CMS. Itā€™s really nice to be able to update without opening Blocs. Iā€™ve still got some older posts to add but the layout is about complete.

I have to suggest that anyone wanting a blog @Eldar Blocsmaster Volt Blogging class is well worth the price. It really helps you learn all the things. possible using Volt CMS.

Hereā€™s the link to the blog. Comments are always open.

https://itsmytimephotography.com/

Casey

5 Likes

Hi Caseyā€¦ Just a quick commentā€¦ on the tools page all the links open in the same tab so effectively take the viewer away from your siteā€¦ I usually make external links open in new tabs. Just in case the viewer gets sidetracked!!!

1 Like

I will second this - your website is really nice and great work, found it nice to read and on readying, I clicked on the tools and it took me off your website, I closed down the page I opened and lost your website for a few moments!

I too would also set pages that are off your website to open in an external link.

But great work @casey1823 - really nice work.

@AdieJAM @strathq All the links on the tools page used to be external. It must be the hover/tilt on the images broke when I upgraded to the new version. It does not even show that they are links? Thanks for finding this, Iā€™ll have to change something.

Hope you liked the design, itā€™s not as fancy as my old blog but being able to add posts without Blocs is really nice.

casey

1 Like

Its really nice Casey, I like it.

Not done much myself on the Blog side of things yet - but will do !..watch this spaceā€¦have a couple of things in the making !

2 Likes

Above all else, if you donā€™t have the foggiest idea of what CMS is, it is a Content Management System, which permits us to make changes to our sites without opening the website architecture application on your PC. As you most likely are aware, the Blocs application can make dazzling responsive sites without coding, however, it just allows you to assemble static sites. By incorporating the Content Management System, we can make it very simple to alter Blocs sites for ourselves as well as our customers.

Despite the fact that I have been utilizing the Blocs application for quite a while, I have never attempted any of the formally upheld CMS stages accessible for it. There were various purposes behind that, however, to lay it out plainly, I didnā€™t feel there was an answer worth difficult. Each of the CMS stages was not grown explicitly for Blocs, bringing about numerous similarity issues I would have rather not screw with myself.

I find Volt very handy and my clients love it. Itā€™s not like a full WordPress CMS but I find it works well. I also hesitated to install it as I like to have control and update my sites. Itā€™s not hard to set up Volt, the blog is much harder.

Some examples:
One site has a calendar that I use to manage, with volt my client can now add or delete calendar items.
Another site has a food menu, I programmed the menu and now my client can make changes as needed.
One site likes to run sales, they use to ask me to put up a sale, now they can run as many specials as they want without my help.

It has other advantages also, two of my sites have a monthly featured item and they do not want to update anything. I find installing volt makes it a lot easier to update without using Blocs.

@Eldar has a really good course that goes step by step on how to set it up volt, itā€™s well worth the price and it also makes a great place to go back reference videos for Volt.

Casey

3 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a great course :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

This is the result of my first site that i used Blocs + Volt Cms, its a bilingual site. The client can access both PT and EN blog confgs and post the content in both languages. So far so good. It is working perfectly.

All made with help coming form @Eldar (only videos on his youtube channel) - but now i just bought his course to improve my skills. :rocket::rocket:

Nice job! The site and blog looks great. The full coarse from Eldar really explains everything and Iā€™m sure you will be tweaking some settings. Itā€™s a great reference also. Itā€™s so nice being able to blog without opening Blocs. Volt CMS & Eldars course is a winner for Blocs.

Casey

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s cool :sunglasses:

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hello !
My last Volt site : https://www.unpoilpluspres.fr
All text blocks can be edited, as well as photos (polaroĆÆds), except banners and titles.
I intentionally narrowed the blog down to an info list by removing the link to the post because that was my clientsā€™ wish.
The more I use it, the more I like Volt !

5 Likes

Hi all,

Just reviving this old thread and seeing if anyone has done any more fresh websites using the brilliant Volt.

I am brainstorming for a few future projects. I am mainly looking for Blogs for anything in Volt!

Thanks all

There must be hundreds :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @AdieJAM
I just finished my first Volt blog.
Just need to figure out how to round the ā€œrecent itemsā€ pictures.
Check it out: Expert Consulting Insights Blog - Prozon Consulting
Have a good one!

2 Likes

Youā€™re such a humble person :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Didnā€™t I reply to your email? :smile: