Smart Nav has outsmarted me

Hi I’m new to Blocs and the community but loving the software so far.

I have hit the first hurdle that I can not seem to troubleshoot though so I thought I’d ask here.

I am trying to implement Smart Nav, and can get it running fine, but I can not get the logo/menu items to scale with this add-on. I’ve tried everything.

Regardless of my image size, the scaling will reduce the padding I add in Smart Nav but stop at the edges of my image.

I’m running latest version of Blocs and MacOS for apple silicon. I’ve stripped any classes off the image, the bloc, etc, and even created a new project with just the element, and still nothing.

Pic attached, thanks for any info!

Not familiar with Smart Nav, this was made by a third party developer @Whittfield . Hopefully he can provide some help or another user who owns that bric.

Thanks yeah I reached out but haven’t heard back yet. I’m sure user error, I"m still getting used to this layout, my brain is all designer and almost no code skills haha

1 Like

Have you gone through all the getting started videos etc on the Academy? (not for help with smart nav) .

They are really helpful. The Blocs bytes videos are also very good to quickly learn how different aspects of the software works.

I have! I’d be lost without the online support. I found Blocs while trying to replace the now dead Adobe Muse without having to jump in to Dreamweaver, and I’m so glad I did! This app is incredible! Some of the stuff with tables and padding is frustrating, but I signed up at Bloc Masters and have been watching their courses. Oh and I went a little crazy in the store :smiley: but there’s so many great add-ons!

2 Likes

Hello it’s been a while since I used Blocs, if I understand correctly you want to change the size of your logo right?

Hi @marc8b,

If you’d like to DM me a copy of your project or test project, I’ll be glad to take a look at it.

Cheers,

Ricardo

1 Like

It’s not a user error as multiple forum users including myself are having the same challenge. The only one who’s able to solve this issue is @Whittfield.

Hi guys thanks I’m sorry I must not have had notificaitns on and just saw this. I’m truly stumped because even taking a total blank page and adding no more than the necessities I still couldn’t figure it out. I wrote the developer twice, but never heard back, so I’m in the process of trying to get a refund. And Ricardo, that was a very nice offer and I appreciate the community that Blocs has!

I’ve found an easy workaround for this: adding the class .navbar-brand to the DIV with your logo. :technologist:

Small Potato Ltd - 000098

1 Like

Nice, thank you! I had chalked off my hard earned money to the hands of an checked out dev, but I appreicate the guidance. Are others esperiencing this issue? I’m surpised a guy can legally sell a product that doesn’t do the one thing out of the box that they claim it does.