[Solved] The remote base directory does not exist. The path value you entered for this server may be incorrect

Hello,
I am trying to publish a website on the subdomain and can not find out why there is an error. The connection test is successful but there ia a warning when trying to publish:

“The remote base directory does not exist. The path value you entered for this server may be incorrect.”

I checked with my hosting provider (scalahosting dot com), all seems to be ok, my IP is not blocked on the server’s firewall, and through FileZilla, it appears to be working fine.

I am using Blocs 5.2.1 and MacOS 14.3.1

I don’t use Blocs for FTP personally, so there may be others better qualified to advise on this, however it looks odd to me that you have included an IP number, rather than a URL for the address. It would probably be advisable to select passive mode as well.

Also I would be surprised these days if the correct protocol is not SFTP or more likely FTP with implicit SSL. Whenever I have joined a hosting company the first email has usually specified the exact requirements.

1 Like

Hi @Flashman , thanks a lot for the reply. Those settings in the screenshot are one of many combinations we tried with the Scalahosting support.
Anyway, it would be helpful and appreciated if somebody could share the working settings, both FTP and SFTP.

You would simply toggle the FTP protocol settings inside the FTP area of Blocs to select one of the other options, but frankly your web host should be able to tell you exactly what is needed and not have you randomly trying different options.

Again I would add that putting the IP number is unusual and in my experience most web hosts want you to use passive FTP.

A silly question no doubt, but I assume you have actually set up the subdomain on the server and that you are using the FTP details specific to that subdomain.

1 Like

Ok, I played a bit with the settings. This worked for me:

Thank you @Flashman for your advice!