Some questions before buying

@hendon52 The slider I was rebuilding was a fading one so your idea should work! Thanks a bunch! I’ll go and try it now. Also, I’m sure I already tried the negative top margin idea and it just pushed the slider up… I’ll try again.
Thanks for helping guy’s. Great forum this!

It’s important to add a new bloc under the bloc containing the slider and then place a text or heading bric within that block. The custom class is then applied to the text bric only - not the whole bloc. You should also remove all padding from the bloc containing the text. This way, when you come to adding additional blocs, you won’t get a blank area between the slider bloc and any subsequent blocs.

One other tip: If you can’t add subsequent blocs after the text bloc, simply turn the text bloc padding back on. This will reveal the lower + sign so that subsequent blocs can be added. Once the next bloc is in place, you can remove the padding from the text bloc again.

1 Like

Let us know how you get on.
I had to buy Master-slider and work out how to implement the coding, but it works well.
2 on my index page
APS

1 Like

@hendon52, @apswoodwork Both of those methods worked a treat! Good to know. Thanks

1 Like

awesome…so it appears that when there’s a will there’s a way in blocs after all! Thanks for sharing your expertise.

what a great example of what can be achieved…thanks for sharing this! :slight_smile:

Funny old world isn’t it! I’ve been using Rapidweaver with Stacks and @Lucas 's UIKit for a year and a half and now I’m back here. :slight_smile: Much as I love RW for many reasons, it’s lately getting more buggy and clunky, whereas Blocs seems to be getting better and better. Also, Great to see @Lucas is coding for Bloc’s too. I’ve learned so much from him and others using RW that now I feel totally happy with Blocs and classes… kind of ironic…
I’ve just done @Eldar 's Blocs Master course (brilliant by the way!) and I can’t wait to dive into rebuilding all my sites in Blocs… I imagine there will be many things that I’ll struggle with, for example there are some incredible gallery stacks that I can’t see as brics, but that’s the fun isn’t it. Learn new ways of doing things. :slight_smile:

I should just point out that it’s not UIKit that’s buggy, just the whole RW package feels less…‘responsive’ than it used to. It could just be me of course!

5 Likes

Welcome back :grinning:

1 Like

Hey Roger thanks for the kind words, happy to see you here :grinning:

2 Likes

I too was a Rapidweaver user - when i dabbled with web design a few years ago. Built a few websites for some successful side businesses I had and was great! then it started to become expensive and I invested in the brilliant Joe Workmans foundation and stacks and spent a fortune to have a buggy and slow platform that took a long time to do some basic things.

@Flashman recommended Blocs and here I am !

Blocs has took me a while to get my head around it - but now to create nice clean tidy sites is a 1/5 of the time and the community here is great.

Have fun ! ask anything you need help with.

2 Likes

You can build good websites on either RW or Blocs. From my own experience, making the switch from RW with Foundation to Blocs I found the biggest difficulty was just making the mental adjustment to work in a different way and stop trying to use Blocs like RW.

If you give up your reliance on always buying new stacks for every task and looking in the side panel for provided options you will find Blocs is much faster and cheaper to build sites once you push yourself to learn about custom classes. It is also developing at a far faster rate and any bugs that emerge are often fixed in days, rather than months.

EDIT: Oh yes, the page preview speed in Foundation was ridiculously slow and repeated at every breakpoint for even the smallest changes, so I found it untenable for client work. That was a pity, because it had a lot of plus points in other areas.

1 Like

Yep, I’m very comfortable with classes so no problems there. I’m already finding Blocs really fast and I love the granular control, even after 1 week.
So far the only thing I’m missing is inStack’s ‘Gallery 3’, which I use on pretty much every website to make awesome galleries. There’s nothing even close in Blocs. However I believe @Jannis Jannis is porting it over to Blocs anyway, so good times ahead!!

2 Likes

Volt has a nice flex gallery and other options. That is also by Jannis.

2 Likes

True, but I don’t need the CMS part and it’s too pricy for just the gallery.