Sorry, Blocs is not able to load any Wordpress data from the domain

Hi people!
I’m new here.
I was using Blocs 3 and just now I noted the Blocs Plus features, related to WP.
I created a test account on InfinitFree host (epizy.com) and installed Blocs 4 Trial to check this new feature.
AFter create a WP installation and install the Blocs plugin, I receive this message when try to "connect"with my WP:

Sorry, Blocs is not able to load any Wordpress data from the domain…

Can somebody help me, please?
It’s very odd when we don’t need to insert any user/id/pass to make a link with the WP and blocs.

When creating the project in Blocs 4, did you enter the website address of your website in the project settings ?

Also, could you indicated the url of your website? This way I can test too.

Yep…
I activate the plugin in WP and put the URL.
Sure, this is the URL http://tiagomaricate.freecluster.eu

Tried some others way but no success… Is like there wasn’t any plugin in WP.

Yeah I tried myself (sorry it took so long, I was sleeping), but no success here either. Do you have access to the access-logs of that server? If so, do you see any request coming from 178.119.119.118 ? Could you copy and paste that line over here so I can check the status code?

I didn’t find the access log from the server but I just enable the debug on WP and I’m checking some plugin to generate a log from access. I also will ask on host support about this.
Maybe is related to the security settings from the server.

I was already thinking in the same direction. That’s why the status code of the request would be helpful :wink: But indeed, I’m thinking towards a blocking factor on the hosting providers end. Their support should be able to verify this request and inform you if and why it was blocked.

I’m running into the same issue. Did you ever find a resolution? When the release for the support of this for blocs first came out I was able to configure it correctly, now somethings has changed or I am missing something…

I think it took a few minutes to fetch the data. Additionally, there was an update that I performed and then it worked…

Is your website empty? It usually works well.

Include https://

The developer Plugin access the Wordpress JSON API, which only works if ModRewrite (Permalinks) are supported from your server and enabled in your Wordpress installation.

In most cases ModRewrite is already enabled on your Hosting-Package. If you have your own Webserver, look out for the BestPractice Configuration Templates for Apache2 or Nginx.

To enable Permalinks in Wordpress, go to Settings → Permalinks, and select a Permalink-Scheme you like. Afterwards you can check if your Pages and Posts are now accessable via this URL-Scheme and if yes, check out if Blocs already works.

In my case I had to select a Permalink-Scheme, before Wordpress was able to response JSON to the API URL. After I selected a Permalink Scheme, the API Url worked and also Blocs was able to fetch data.

To make this work, you must make sure that Permalink’s are enabled in your Wordpress Installation.

1 Like

Hi, I 've the same problem: “Sorry, Blocs is not able to load any Wordpress data from the domain”. I’m running Blocs 5, already updated with the last updates.
Any idea about the reason?
I need to redesign a WP website that is obviously old and obsolete. Any suggestions? The simulation would be really useful.
Thanks a lot

This did the trick for me too.

For me, it helped to temporarily select the default WordPress theme. With the theme created by Blocs, I always got the above error message.

Edit: I have to correct myself. The transfer worked after I unblocked the Gutenberg editor. Didn’t know that the REST-API was related to this.