Sorry for my absence over the last weeks

This is a fairly atypical post for me, but here goes…

I guess this isn’t really Blocs related, but I wanted to apologize for not being present here for the last couple of weeks. I know some of you have pinged me in threads and I have been unable to respond.

I’ve been out with a burnout. These are hard times for all of us. And I never thought of myself (the workaholic that I am) as someone that would fall victim to a burnout.

I guess I just wanted to tell all of you to be attentive to the symptoms and take care of yourself. Take enough time away from your screen, take a timeout when pressure or tension gets high. It is okay to feel outpaced. It’s okay to admin that things sometimes are simply too much. And (as I have learned) you’re not weak to admit you need a breather.

We’re all in this together. Brighter days are coming. If you need a talk, just shout. It helped me too.

PS: I’ll try to reply to all open messages and threads in the coming days.

Brecht

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing this Brecht, I hope you make a swift recovery.

1 Like

You look after yourself.
Happened to me a few years ago and took a while to get over fully.
Starting up my pet painting side of things (admittedly it’s been a bit enforced by the pandemic), alongside the ever diminishing graphic design stuff has helped me to relax a lot.
Relatively no deadlines or great pressure.
And then there’s the band I play bass in, great laugh!

Make sure to enjoy those hobbies and ‘me’ time.

1 Like