Sticky Alert (Updated)

Hi Everyone,

OK, v1.1.0 of StickyAlert has launched !

There are a lot of great additions available now: panel width adjustment, text alignment, a new Agree button, button border radius adjustment, close icon control, popup background controls & visitor tracking options on the agree button & close icons. There’s also additional FAQ’s and a new extended video explaining how to use everything.

This is by far, my most popular bric, with the download count hitting 270 today! Thank you for your interest. This new version is absolutely loaded w/ features & really should be a paid bric.

So, I want you to stop and ask yourself, do you want more fully customized feature brics like this in the future? If so, then take a look in the upper-right corner of my free brics pages, there’s a blue donate button & of course I do offer reCAPTCHA, which is the first of hopefully more paid brics.

Thanks & keep building w/ Blocs

Bill
BricsDesign

5 Likes

hi bill,

just downloaded the brick and am playing around with all the prefs you have implemented. damn, that is really good. great work. I managed to change / tweak almost everything accept the [AGREE] button. is that possible? I tried to change it with the classes you have included, but couldn’t change the color and styling of that button.

nevertheless as said, well done. I promise to donate :v: if I use it on my site (and will send you the link to show off :joy:).

best, michael

Hi @michaelokraj

I assume you want to change the agree button color to something other that the link/hvr color for the other buttons. Sure, use the class: .stickyalert-agree a in the class manager. Set the ‘T’ color for both the normal & :hover states (in upper rt pulldown) On styling, I guess you are talking about the borders, there’s controls for radius and color of those. You could use your own css w/ that same class & apply important to your styling, to say override the border styling sticky-alert does.

Bill
BricsDesign

1 Like

thx bill. – i tried that before but obviously i forgot to keep the in the class name intact – my fault. it works perfectly :wink: thank you!!

Hi Bill,
I was wondering if you could help me with a sticky alert problem…
I’ve just updated Blocs to 3.4.6 and suddenly I cannot insert anymore the sticky alert bric.
I tried to reinstall the bric a couple of times, blocs restarting etc.etc… but with no success.
If you could help me at this I would be very thankful…

Ciao, Andrea

Hi @andrea.biasutti

Try following this help doc: Broken Custom Bric – Blocs – User Documents

Bill
BricsDesign

Thanks Bill… I will give a try :+1:t2:

Hi @Bill- I am noticing a possible bug with the Sticky Alert bric. If I change the color of the agree buttons in the bric interface (not using any custom classes or anything else), the color change does not appear in a published site immediately. If I hover over the “agree” button without clicking the button, then the custom color does appear. On immediate load/visit to a page, however, the button color remains the default blue.

I am using Blocs v3.4.7 and Sticky Alert 1.1.0.

Also, is it possible when someone clicks “agree,” they stay where they are at on the page? From what I see, when someone clicks the “agree” button it sends a “#” signal and returns to the top of the page.

Updated to the 3.4.7 and just tried to reboot my Mac/Blocs, I did also delete all Brics and made a fresh install… unfortunately my problem still there.

As you can see on my Pic. the Bric Sticky Alert is selected but inserted is the last Bric I’ve used, in this case Modal.

any ideas what it could be?

@andrea.biasutti

The instructions in Blocs docs are not quite right. I sent a request to @Norm so hopefully he’ll get that updated very soon.

FYI - I tried this and it works for me:

The guide for following the application support folder is out of date for mac OS.
Simply in a finder window: In menu bar > Go hold Shift and Library will appear, select Library and then browse to Blocs 3/brics/

(Before step 3)

Open up Blocs and in Window > Extension Manager Remove any bric that you are having trouble with. Shut down Blocs. Open up Blocs again and go to the Extension Manager and reinstall …

Bill
BricsDesign

@TDinAZ

Yes, it’s a bug. Sorry, I’m swamped w/ other work for the time being.

1 Like

Thanks, @Bill! When you are able to put some time in and publish an updated version, please consider the second part of my post also…

Option to stay where the reader is on the page vs. return to top when they click agree.

Thank You very much for your Reply…