Stream Deck and BLOCs

Has anyone else been using their Stream Deck to speed up production in other apps besides live streaming? I am getting into this in a big way. Custom icons on my stream deck, still a rough presentation but its a work in progress. I love it and thought it may give some of you ideas…

1 Like

Funny enough I was looking at doing this a couple of months ago. I haven’t purchased the deck yet.

Be keen to hear more about the experience. The XL model, which I assume you have is a lot more expensive here than the smaller model. Is it worth getting the larger one?

1 Like

Yes I think it is - I had the smaller one for about 6 months and my business partner wanted to get one too but doesn’t do video production and streaming like I do, so she took the old one and I upgraded. She already programmed hers with an AppleScript app to open up and select from the phone book in Microsoft teams. You can have folders as well, so there is really no limit. My main profile has a folder for dev apps, a folder for sites I am working on to test, a folder for 3d modeling and slicing apps, and so on. I also use it for character animation because my animation software has a bunch of options for data input to key in motion and I love it. It can switch out automatically between profiles based on what app is running, and you can add a profile switch button to the profile as well.

1 Like

Very cool. I might wait for a sale on them :wink: