Subscribe

I feel utterly clueless…and I am almost certain that I overlook something, but:
how can I use the “Call to” bloc? I want people to enter their email so I can put them on a mailinglist…
(FYI: The form bric, works like a charm)

Most bulk email providers such as MailChimp, provide easy to use sign up forms that can be placed inside a HTML Bric. These are pretty slick and can be customised to match your site design.

I know, but I want to manage the mailadresses myself in this case… (thanks for the tip!)

That’s more difficult but PulseCMS does this.

Perhaps I’m missing something, but can’t you simply set up a form with a big submit button, that sends you the email address. Later on you can export collected emails to a separate spreadsheet in whatever format is needed.

1 Like

That’s how I did it …

MailChimp works great! It’s easy to setup and customize. I really don’t why someone would want to manage a mailing list when everything can be done in the background without you doing anything. MailChimp is also free, with a few limitations. You can even schedule campaigns. I set up some templates for my clients and they can schedule meetings/notices in advance and MailChimp does the work when the date arrives. They love using it.

Casey

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing?

casey

What do you mean @casey1823 …? :wink:

To be honest; I was already thinking about using the “form bric” like suggested… but I found the “Call to” bloc. But I couldn’t find a way to make it work.

@c0mp0ser This from Flashman: “Perhaps I’m missing something, but can’t you simply set up a form with a big submit button, that sends you the email address. Later on you can export collected emails to a separate spreadsheet in whatever format is needed.”

casey

somehow no-one seems to have figured out how to get the “call-to” bloc work; all give suggestions to do it otherwise…
For now; the “form” bric does the trick…

I think there’s a good reason for that - they don’t.

I think the call-to with the email should really be a form submission ( but the bloc has no form ) and the single-button version is pretty useless without some javascript.

Blocsapp provides no support for managing a mailing list and I wouldn’t expect it to do so. Others have pointed out better solutions and the call-to form is easily built from scratch in blocsapp.

1 Like

Thank you; glad to have that cleared up… I was already doubting my poor brain… I only wonder why that blocs is there…