Table Tool or Table Bloc

Yup, 100% build with Blocs and the efforts of the guys of bootstrap-table.com of course! Blocs Rocks!

1 Like

So you used the CSS, HTML & JS within Blocs. :slight_smile:

Correct! :+1:t3:

@Jerry
Please forgive me if I missed it due to the flurry of posts here since my last visit, but did you post a Blocs 4 document of “My Fancy Search Table” for us to examine? If not, will that Blocs document be forthcoming? I for one am interesting in seeing how it compares with my current implementation for very large and complex tables.

Hi Jerry:

I have not seen anything yet from Malachiman.
I look forward too this tutorial as well.

Rich

1 Like

Hi @WeatherguyNH, I know @PeteSharp is extremely busy at the moment and as you will understand, paid jobs go first in line. I’m sure his video will be up soon. Without an ETA.

2 Likes

I completely understand and was only providing information.
When it comes, I am here…no worries.

Rich

1 Like

Hey @WeatherguyNH,

Sorry to keep you waiting. Should have something up soon. :thinking: :crazy_face:

I think we all appreciate your effort, and understand that your time is valuable.

Thank you again…

Rich

1 Like

I would have to look at it again. It may be part of foundry. I used that a lot in stacks. But I’m putting more work into blocks now but I’ll look at again.

Hi @WeatherguyNH,

Video is up. You can view it here

11 Likes

Now, that’s what I call an awesome tutorial! :pray:

3 Likes

This is so helpful Pete, for those want to use code. Now Blocs users who want to use Tables can rest their minds. The solutions you put together are going to be put to the test. Thanks so much for being there for us.

Hi:

Well I must say this is brilliant! Just brilliant!
Thank you for a splendid lesson and overview.

Now…if you could copy and paste the code here, I will award you with my first born! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you, so very much…

Rich

I could post the CSS (although I have deleted it now). But really you will get more out of it by participating, and typing it up yourself. You will get a feel for what classes you need to change to style the table how you want. Its only a small amount of CSS really.

1 Like

Seriously, thank you.
No worries…

Rich

Pete:

After much trail and error, this non=programmer has successfully created a table!! :smile:

Now, two stupid questions:

Adding more rows was very easy, but how to add more columns? I watched the video at least a dozen times (which I can now repeat, word for word) but I am missing how to add two more columns?

Finally: How do I get two of these on a single page? If I open another code widget, how do I tell it which Bloc it is supposed to be referencing…or is that the stupidest question of all time?

Thank you again for making the video…I am almost there!

Rich

Hi,

You would need to just duplicate the .cell Div’s in the header and rows to set the number of columns.

Don’t forget to modify the the CSS for the extra columns. I do mention it in the video from memory, it will be the class with the grid-template-columns style.

1 Like

Great tutorial and super easy for non-coders like myself.
Created a working table within 30 minutes :+1:t3:
@PeteSharp is there code to change the row color based on the data in a row?

1 Like

Hey @Ambiorix,

Thank you. You could just add a custom class to the row or individual cells.

1 Like