Text Color - I GIVE UP!

Pardon me if this comes off too cranky, but something SO simple seems to be impossible to do and I’ve grown incredibly frustrated. All I want is a header that says “About Us” with About in one color and Us in another. Yet, after spending 45 minutes adding a span, class, and doing the old highlight and select a color, NOTHING works!!! I have searched this forum as I am sure I’m not the only one, and I cannot seem to find an answer.

I cannot believe such a simple element could be so difficult to pull off.

Please, can someone give me simple instructions on how to do this very simple task? I’ve upload an image of how it was designed in Sketch for reference. I’ve done far more complicated things within Bloc, yet this one has got me completely stumped.

Text_example

Have you set a colour for that header type in project settings? Try clearing it and setting custom class styling as you intend.

that’s very easy to achieve, just select the word you want for color, convert it to “SPAN”, add a custom class for color and voila.

In less than 1 minute you have resolved.

1 Like

When doing this you need to make sure you don’t have the color set in a location that would override it, there are various ways to apply colours.

Globally via project settings
Via global swatches
Via custom classes

All have various advantages, but if combined can cause confusion and trouble.

Thanks everyone! And my apologies for the minor rant. Blocs is an amazing program but it does have a learning curve for those of us used to Muse or similar. I just lost my patience on this particular element.

The solution worked and now I’m back to working on more important things!

Cheers.

2 Likes

Had the same problem with a heading and it was impossible to change lettering. I seems that some style applied to the heading…