The Affinity Suite - thoughts?

I’ve had a few days to play now, and they’re definitely a decent update on V1.
Publisher (InDesign) and Photos (Photoshop) are great alternatives. The jury is still out in Designer (Illustrator) as yet.

Something as simple as deleting a point from a curve seems to be 2 clicks, whereas just one in Illustrator. And their version of the width tool isn’t as easy to implement. There seems to be a lot of little things like this, but overall, happy to pay this one off fee and ditch Adobe.

It’s been a good, interesting thread.

My best recommendation: Buy the product direct from Affinity. Do not, under any circumstance, purchase Affinity from the Apple or Microsoft stores. Updates might not go as planned. You may not be able to revert to a pervious version in a timely manner if there are problems with an update.

Purchase the Affinity products direct from Affinity to avoid problems. Check out the forums for the suffering.

1 Like

Very happy for you!

Are you kidding… read my post above. Still no replies from tech support on how to install on a Windows machine.

Did you bother to try using the windows store?

No, got the file directly from the download link they gave me. Now you understand the complaints. Affinity really messed up here!

That why I said. Try using the store.

I do not use the store ever. They just need to get their act together.

:roll_eyes: Free download and then sign in boom. Should work.

Assuming you meet the windows requirements. ?

Why is the download not working for you, a weird file format?

Hi everybody!

I have already read the topic and I would be interested in your opinion.
So far, I have only used the graphic program Photoshop.
Now I’m thinking about buying the Affinity package.
Will Affinity Replace Photoshop?
Are brushes and styles included at the basic level, or do you have to buy them separately?
Is it easy to learn to handle? Because I feel that photoshop is too complicated in many cases.

Download the free trial. Watch the many Affinity tutorials on YouTube. Some great stuff has been released on the affinity channel for learning V2.

1 Like

Affinity can surely replace Photoshop! With the complete package you have everything to create digital content!
To be honest; I also use Pixelmator Pro form time to time.

1 Like

Yes, indeed it is. Not sure why Affinity gave this format for Windows. If it is the install they should have provided instructions that work.

MSIX isn’t a weird at all.

It’s an official MS app package.

1 Like

:rofl: so why does MS not recognized it and simple install the paid app?

Either your windows setup is out of date, or you do not have the App Installer installed.

It’s pretty well documented online.

The Affinity FAQ does say they are looking to supply MSI versions for users who need it, mostly this is people in an enterprise setup with limited ability to set their PCs up.

From Microsoft website

MSIX is currently supported on the following versions of Windows:

• Windows 10, version 1709, and later.
  • Windows Server 2019 LTSC and later.
  • Windows Enterprise 2019 LTSC and later.

As @PeteSharp says, check your Windows install is up to date.
Do you get any error codes on trying to install?

Only error that pops up
Windows can’t open this type of file (.msix)
Try an app on this PC

Logged in and with zero protection the Get button does nothing