Transfer content of iWeb site into Blocs?

I run a website for a local art society (www.levenart.org) that I set up many years ago using iWeb. The software is still functional even though it has been obsolete for 10 years but I don’t think it will work at all on a 64 bit machine. I have Blocs 4, which I use for another site, and I would like to transfer the whole of the levenart site’s contents (40+ pages with more than 400 photographs) into a new site in Blocs. My question is whether there are any short-cuts to do this without starting from scratch building a new website in Blocs and then importing all the photos again. I suspect not, but I would welcome any tips! Many thanks.

You could certainly import all the assets, then copy paste text, but the site structure such as pages and menus will have to be created from scratch. It may not be as time consuming as you imagine if you are happy to maintain the same contents as at present.

Thank you Flashman for your helpful comments again. I think I will have to just try it and see. The site does need a lot of new images added regularly, which is really easy with iWeb, but perhaps more complicated with Blocs. I’ve just read your replies to WeathermanNH (Managing Assets-Images), which sound relevant to my needs too. I’ll follow those up.

Hi @Dodger0, and remember there’s Volt CMS for managing the changing of images regularly, to save the ‘open file - do amendments - export file - save file - upload new site’ scenario every time. It’s all done through a browser window.
I seem to be recommending Volt a lot over these past few days!*
(*I have nothing to do with Volt, just a happy user :smiley: )

1 Like

Thanks TrevReav, for the tip. I’ve had a look at Volt CMS and it does look very useful, but it’s rather more than I want to spend at the moment. I’ll keep it in mind though.

Yes, admittedly it’s an expense, however, I’ve found it invaluable. Best of luck whatever way you choose to go.
Nice art on that site, btw.