Transparent image tool for background images Done

Hello,

There were few requests about how to create transparent images for backgrounds like those included in the Blocs.

I talked about it earlier in question from @SBrown9. Now I decided to create a dedicated tool for this to make the process super simple.

What it does:

1. Creates grayscale version of your image
  2. in the second step it makes a transparent image with opacity you’ve set.

Here it is: http://www.csabakissi.com/tools/transparent-image

If you have any questions or have tips for other tools just drop a note :slight_smile:

Enjoy !!

3 Likes

Very useful for anyone not familiar with graphic tools - i.e. a lot of users.

Why not add an option to just adjust the opacity on it’s own and leave the colour intact, make into B&W or both? That would be even more useful.

Thanks for creating and sharing this.

@webdeersign thanks for a reply, I’ve added opacity slider because sometimes you need to experiment with opacity. I got best results with 25%, maybe others can prefer different value.

When it comes to keeping the color I’ll add that feature, thank you.

Hi Csaba,

Cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is very cool!

@Norm Thank you

Great tool! Well done! :thumbsup:

1 Like

@Eldar Thanks!

Great work :+1:t2:

1 Like

@Chris Thank you!

Hi @ckissi is this tool still available? or does anyone know a much easier way to make add an image to some opacity/transparency as just been playing around and want to see if i can get an image to over lay another one and have transparency over it to create an effect.

I have found the css to add transparency but it does this on all images on the page.

Thanks all !

Looks like that tool is long gone. Not sure if it was a CSS based solution or actually editing images. I remember using this online tool before I learned to use Pixelmator.

You have to structure things probably for this to work. It’s reasonably easy with Divs to overlay any background or element.

1 Like

Thanks @PeteSharp - I will have a play around with this in Divs, didn’t think of that !

I remember on elementor you can just select an image and have to to go back or to front and a transparency slider which was so simple. - while i have a bit of time - was just trying to replicate a few things as moved to Blocs fully now.