Tumult Hype Website Examples

Bundlehunt currently has Hype Standard for $5 (plus the unlock fee). I’ve never tried it before, but I realize it’s some kind of animation software. The standard version doesn’t do responsive designs, but from what I have read in other threads in this forum, that feature isn’t necessary and the animations will scale across breakpoints in Blocs.

I created this new thread because I would love to see some of your Hype 4 examples which you have built into your Blocs websites, especially current work done in Blocs 4.x. I am seeking practical use cases so I can determine if there might be usefulness for it on certain pages in my own Blocs-made sites. I also want to see how much a drag it is on page-load performance.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hype is a great piece of software for producing animation elements that can be embedded right into blocs. Although the standard version doesn’t produce responsive elements, it does work in much the same way as Blocs by giving you the option of adding layouts for different devices.

So, as long as you create a layout for each variant, it will respond quite nicely in line with the layouts in blocs.

It is claimed that a complete website can be made in Hype, but the reality is it could get quite complicated as the site structure grows. I use it for creating animated elements or banners and for this it is a simple and effective way of getting some nice animated effects into your web pages. It can also have some more practical uses, for example, creating audio/video players. A couple of things I’ve created in Hype and incorporated into blocs have been posted in this forum before. But, just to remind you, the examples can be seen Here, Here and Here

The above examples were made in Hype 3. The first and third examples are both responsive - only the second example (the video playlist) is for desktops only, although it could easily be made responsive. As for that offer of Hype standard for $5 - I would snap it up while you can!! The main difference between the standard version and the Pro version isn’t that great if all you need is some fairly basic web animations. These include things like sprite import, symbol creation and manipulation and certain viewport features. I have the latest pro version, but I’ve never really used any of the Pro facilities. If it became a deal-breaker later on - once you’ve learned the basics of Hype, you can always upgrade to the pro version in-app for about 50 bucks,

3 Likes

I only have the standard version. I’ve tested the Hype Brics and done a proof of concept for interactions between a hype project and the rest of the site.

Would love to use it more and really get stuck in. It’s on my list.

Feel free to post examples. I mainly opened this topic so I could see example use cases to determine if I really need Hype or not.

I bought the pro version a couple of months ago and although I’ve only scratched the surface, I really like it. I have made a couple of basic logo/ title animations (listed below) and made resized versions to make sure they display well at various breakpoints.

www.zu-yoga.ch
www.mitraya-yoga.ch

4 Likes

Bought it also for 5$ today, vector animations could be useful!

1 Like

Thanks @JDW for your input.

I bought it last night for 5$ plus activation fees (3$).
Now watching tutorials to apply to my active images.

Thanks

1 Like

@JDW, I used to buy Hype Standard for $5 from Bundlehunt before.
It is being used for homepage headbanner.
It is convenient to work with because it has a frame shape similar to that of Adobe Flash. Please refer to the main banner of [http://maxlee.kr](maxlee homepage) for a little effect!

2 Likes

Nice website, but why do I get this popup when I visit your site?

I think it has something to do with the Japanese fonts (at least I think it’s Japanese) If you don’t have Japanese fonts then the browser cannot display them. These are usually system fonts - not web fonts like google fonts. Ordinarily an alternative font would be used, but if you have no Japanese fonts, you will most likely get this message.

When I visit that site, I see Korean. And it makes sense with a *.kr domain name. As such, the Nanum Gothic font must be Korean; however, I never say that Safari dialog box appear when I first visited the page. I am based in Japan and have Japanese fonts, but I’ve never had anything special for Korean text.

I live in Korea.
I am using Nanum Gothic as the default font.
When connecting from another language area, it seems that a pop-up appears in safari.
I did not intentionally create a popup.

2 Likes

Hi, here’s a little intro animation I did for a office interior architect:

Hype is pretty straight forward, If you know a bit about animation and keyframing you get really fast what you want. This Animation took me about one day including finetuning…

Frank

7 Likes

Ganz Toll!

@mensch.mueller, @Wam, et al.,

A tad off topic, but since I did mention discount bundles, I should announce that Default Folder, is 50% off for the next 72 hours here:

You can buy it individually. You don’t need the bundle.

I’ve been a Default Folder user since System 7 in the 1990s. I consider it perhaps the single best Mac UI utility ever made. It still boggles my mind as to why this functionality was never built into MacOS. Anyway, I just wanted to mention it for those of you seeking discounts who don’t already have it.

2 Likes

I see Forklift 3 is on the list, which I think is a great FTP client. Also, another of the discounted apps I’ve been using for a while is Unclutter. I’ve found it very useful when creating sites.

I actually overlooked that because I’ve been a happy user of Panic’s Transmit for many years, all the way back to System 7!

1 Like

Never really looked at Transmit, but followed your link and I certainly would have considered buying it if I hadn’t found a solution that works for me.

I am a little bit miffed, though, because I paid full price for Forklift and Unclutter in the last month or so, but that doesn’t diminish my appreciation of the apps too much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many, many years ago, it actually was named “Transit” but then due to the threat of a copyright lawsuit they had to change the name to Transmit. The name changed but they retained the Truck icon. If you don’t mind going back to System 7 or 8, you can download and use an old version for free here. :slight_smile: I actually still run it on my SE/30 which has an Ethernet PDS card. (My YouTube Channel is largely dedicated to vintage Macs, if you’re into that.)

Folks who want the absolute cheapest FTP solution need look no further than CyberDuck, which is absolutely FREE.

1 Like

…and I’ve corrected my typo!

1 Like