Twitters own timeline embed down

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone embeds twitter timelines using the official twitter embed page (link)

I use this a lot for business websites and live stream sites that get set up for certain events. The last few weeks this has not worked and it down.

On twitter this has upset so many website developers and agencies all over the world as this is used a lot.

I have emailed twitter and tried everything to find out why and how long this is down for! but heard nothing back.

Anyone know much about why they have done this…I am guessing there is no real work around at the moment till Twitter make a statement on why this has happened?

Most probably because Elon does not want you to use it any more…

1 Like

Twitter made some moves to stop massive scraping of Twitter data. Blocking access for unregistered users, limiting posts viewed.

The API got revamped a few months back

1 Like

Yeah I read about the updates to things but didn’t think this would effect embeds

On that last link, the timeline isn’t working there. But I guess you need to used a paid account now.

I do know many businesses are pushing harder on Facebook/Instagram now - these changes are sure pushing users away.

The were forced too as I understand it because of the load of all the scrapping.

I’d rather use Twitter than anything meta personally.

I only have a FB account for work and family lol. I kept it disabled most of last year and didn’t miss it.

1 Like